Acturis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Acturis Interview Questions

Interviews at Acturis

3.1

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Met by the receptionist and asked to take the usual tests. These varied to previous shl tests I've done and were poor quality photocopies out of a book. Some were very ambiguous and even had written comments to try and make them clearer!
    Didn't reach their standard of 21/23 and so didn't get to see a person. What a waste of time!
    The tests could have been carried out online before getting me to go to an interview.
    No reimbursement at all. Like many company's they think everyone lives in London.

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Acturis in September 2013.

Interview

Took the test, then told to wait for the results for about half an hour. Then took some case studies on relational databases, followed by CV questions. I was told to wait for the next stage but after a 20 min wait I was told the process has finished. The tests and case studies were relatively easy.

Interview Questions

• Apart from the case studies the interview questions were the basic questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Acturis (London, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied through an agent and the process took less than a week. Invited for interview in London and took three tests: Numerical, Logical and Comprehension and passed them all with flying colours. There was then interview with one of the CEOs and two case studies.

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Acturis (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through a graduate recruitment agency, and was interviewed at Acturis (Birmingham Office).

The woman who showed me where to sit was really friendly and offered me a drink before I started the interview in a medium sized conference room.

first stage of interview is 23 GMAT style questions, 9 questions on mental maths/problem solving, 10 on data sufficiency and 4 more on reading comprehension. The pass mark is 19/23 I think (according to other reviews). I did okay on the last two sections but bombed out on the problem solving section, getting most of the answers wrong. I think this was my weakest point because I was so used to having access to a calculator for most of my physics degree, so caught me off-guard. Anyway, the same woman who explained the test came back in to give me this news and informed me that the remaining 2-3 hours of interview couldn't continue as I had failed the test, and so I was sent home.

What might be useful for other applicants to know is that the test Acturis provide you is on paper, which means that the difficulty of the questions will be set before hand. This is different to the real GMAT test in which the difficulty of the questions changes according to how you answer the previous questions, and also in the real GMAT they assess your final score on various other factors instead of simply how many questions you got right (such as timing, the level of difficulty you finished on...etc.).

Basically what I've learned here is that it would have been better to practice on a set sample of GMAT style questions (of various difficulties) instead of taking the mini-tests available on-line for real GMAT practice which adjust the difficulty only just to challenge you.

But everyone I met seemed friendly and approachable, seemed like a basic office space, chilled out employees in smart casual attire is what I saw. good luck :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Acturis (London, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

Had to do an online test of various maths questions in a time limit. After passing the online test I was invited to an interview at the office in London. Firstly I was asked to work through some of the questions from the online test to prove that I had done it myself and to show how I solved them. Then I was asked questions about my CV and why I wanted to work for Acturis. Finally we spent a while doing some database problems. I made some mistakes on the database questions and later found out that the mistakes meant I wasn't offered the job, fair enough. I think had I performed better in the first part of the interview I would have been interviewed by other people as well.

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farringdon, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acturis (Farringdon, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied through a recruitment agency, invited to take tests which were very similar to revision materials provided. Passed and was invited to interview near Farringdon. This consisted of three interviews with some questions on CV/uni stuff, case studies and where I might fit in the different teams. Case studies were very logical with database work and some very basic coding with examples.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Acturis and the Technical BA role?   Answer Question

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farringdon, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Acturis (Farringdon, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

Done through a recruiter:
    First an online test, pretty standard numerical and reasoning test.
    Passed this and I was invited to a face-to-face interview with them at their offices in Farringdon. 2 interviews, each last around an hour. First interview was with regards to XML coding, so if you don't program you should probably do some work and get into the 'mode of thinking' on how to tackle this. Second interview was by two employees, outlining methods of fetching data from a database, data cleaning etc. gave me a case study to work on and asked some factual and then evaluative questions. Really friendly and knowledgable staff and I very much enjoyed the interview. Very welcoming and happily asked any questions you may have, my second interview was over an hour and a half as I just had a conversation with the two gentleman about their experience at the company and they gave me some advice on graduate careers in general. I didn't get the offer but the process was great and a good experience, would definitely recommend applying as Acturis is going places in the next few years!

Interview Questions

• Go over some of the questions in the online test, to ratify you completed it yourself.   1 Answer

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview began with basic maths test. It's important to talk through your reasoning with the interviewer. A case study followed. Finally, we had a brief chat about my CV and why I am interested in working for Acturis.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acturis (London, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

Called up by recruiter two weeks prior to the interview. Did an online test before the interview. Interviews brought along a couple of sheets with questions that I had obviously gotten wrong on the online test, and then they asked me to explain my reasoning. They further checked my numeracy skills with a few questions I had's seen before.

Following this the interviewers asked me to develop a solution to a case study questions that mostly required manipulating pseudocode. This was all preceded by a general chat about my CV. This whole section lasted about an hour and a half, but both interviewers were somewhat unengaged during the interview and sometimes seemed quite bored - it's obvious they do this a lot.

Finally, another case study with another interviewer. Manipulating XML code to structure the data for a web page.

Interview Questions

• -Design of data base for restaurant menu?
      -Using recursive techniques and pseudocode, how would you reverse the order of charaters in a string?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Acturis (London, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

Explain through two GMAT questions,
    Case study on HTML and schemas,
    Then another case study on databases and CV questions.
    Was then told that was enough for today and was able to leave.