Acturis Technical Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Acturis Technical Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Acturis

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Acturis.

Interview

Brought into office with a sea of young faces as they only hire graduates and was told to wait in a room.

First case study was unlike anything I had seen before but the general idea wasn't too difficult. I didn't think the interviewer explained it well; they just get their employees to conduct the interviews - no formal HR interview. There were two data sets that needed to be merged based on linked information, but the interviewer described it as 'transferring' data from one set to another rather than 'merge' or 'update'.

After the first case study, I had to wait another 15mins before the second because my interviewer apparently had not yet printed out the case study (...). Second case study was pretty straightforward. Got sent home after the second case study.

Interviewers were nice. Am surprised they didn't even offer a glass of water through the whole 2 hours I was there. They get so many new starters and turnover rate is so high that they don't really care about providing a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Acturis

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acturis (London, England (UK)) in November 2019.

Interview

Initial phone screening with a friendly HR representative. Afterwards, there's a GMAT style questionnaire. If you pass that, you make it to the interview. I had interviews with three separate people, which were all behavioural interviews with case studies.

Interview Questions

• Case study on reading relational databases and their uses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acturis (London, England (UK)) in November 2019.

Interview

CV submission via a recruitment agency followed by an online mathematical and verbal reasoning test. Two 1hr 1 on 1 interviews. A few standard questions but the bulk of the interview involved going through a case study with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Acturis.

Interview

Process started with an online test. 11 problem solving, 6 data sufficiency and 3 critical reasoning questions in 30 minutes. Need 16/20 to pass. Then the interview which consisted of 3 case studies involving xml.

Interview Questions

• What does this xml code represent?
      They also ask you to complete any questions you get wrong from the online test.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acturis (London, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

Through a recruiter. First had to do a GMAT style test online. Once that stage was passed was invited for a interview. Had to answer a few more GMAT style questions followed by CV questions. After this there was one case study. Maths based and asked for application. Then was told that was all for the day and the interview ended.

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Acturis (London, England (UK)) in July 2019.

Interview

Online test with 20 questions to complete in 30 minutes. After success in this I was invited to their office in London for three interviews with three different people from different areas of the company. This was mainly to complete case studies relating to their areas of the company. They also asked me to run through a question I got right from the online tests and asked a few questions about my CV and other things. They got back to me about 3 working days after the interview to offer me a role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acturis (London, England (UK)) in July 2019.

Interview

You do an online GMAT style test. If you pass, you are invited to a face to face interview lasting up to 3 hours. The main focus of this interview is working through up to 3 case studies. Whilst these are not massively challenging, it seems that Acturis want you to figure out the answer to questions almost immediately - taking any longer than that, or requiring any hints appears to be frowned upon.

This interview process is therefore entirely won or lost on your intelligence and problem solving ability - there's no room for your other important skills and personality to win them over, which is a shame. However, the bigger issue is how Acturis behave when you don't do well enough in a case study (and so won't be progressed to the next one). The interviewer will say "I'll see if anyone's available" (to take you through the next case study). A few minutes later they reveal that no one is available (surprise surprise) and you are done for now. I am certain that they always do this as not only have I experienced this behaviour twice, but it is also mentioned in other reviews.

This indirect approach to "cutting the interview short" is very disrespectful, particularly when it's so obvious that your interview has been cut short (as you know beforehand that there are 3 case studies to complete). The interviewer should simply say that you haven't passed, and that's it.

Overall, I think that the design of the interview process and the behaviour of the interviewers indicates that Acturis aren't particularly bothered about you as a person - they simply want someone who has expectional problem solving skills. I certainly don't want to work for a company who take such a shallow approach to interviewing - do you?

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Acturis (Birmingham, England (UK)) in July 2019.

Interview

I initially did an online 30 minute maths test which was straight forward. The face to face interview was given at short quite short notice. It consisted of a few questions about my CV, going through the same style maths questions as the online test in front of the interviewer which I couldn’t do under pressure then a further case study. I was slow in the case study so asked to leave but the interviewers criticism was all constructive so it wasn’t a bad experience.

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Acturis.

Interview

If they like your CV you'll be sent a quick 30 minute test with GMAT style questions, if you pass that then you go to London to have a 3-hour interview, split into 3 case studies with 3 different people. The case studies are fun and a good opportunity for you to both demonstrate your problem solving abilities and see if you would actually enjoy the job. This is also a good opportunity to ask lots of questions about the job and the environment. Then you'll either get an offer or not.

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Acturis.

Interview

The process consisted of three different interviews back to back with a different interviewer each time. Each interview lasted about an hour, and focused on testing your abilities in different parts of the business.

Interview Questions

• There were a few questions about me, but the bulk of the interview was testing your intuition for the different business aspects.   Answer Question