Acuity Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Acuity Brands Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2017

2.8

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Acuity Brands in April 2017.

Interview

After a phone screening with the hiring manager, I was invited onsite for interviews with the hiring manager, team lead, and two developers of the team for 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Rate your JavaScript proficiency from 0 - 10, what are closures and inheritance?   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Acuity Brands (Conyers, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

It began with a phone screen that went well, followed by an on site interview in Conyers GA. The questions were pretty easy. I had a series of of interviews with different members of the team for about 40 minutes each. Some of the interviews were technical some of them were mostly chatting I guess to get a feel if I was a fit for the team.

Interview Questions

• Find some bugs in code that was presented. Write a function that does some fairly simple stuff.   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Acuity Brands (Conyers, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone screen from the hiring manager. They asked the basic questions and wanted to know more about my previous jobs and experiences. The process took about a month from applying to being hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work on a project and then had to start over from scratch.   Answer Question

Web Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acuity Brands (Conyers, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

They called me in for a last minute interview. I met with 5 people within a 3 hour time slot. I was a little taken aback because most of the interviews were on the phone in their offices. Every interviewer seemed lost and gave me a completely different overview of the job.

I don't think they know what they are looking for. They gave the recruiter feedback. The feedback was that I did not know JS well enough. They didn't ask any JS questions. An odd experience overall.

It's a web applications engineer position so I expected development to be a requirement of the job. It is not.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable not doing development and working on our software?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Acuity Brands (Conyers, GA).

Interview

Panel interview carwash. Basically instead of me moving around, several groups of 2 came to see me. The interview lasted from 8am to Noon. Everyone was very friendly

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Acuity Brands (Conyers, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very easy going process. A HR recruiter reached out with a phone interview with the director. Met the director and team a week later, an offered was made three days later

Interview Questions

• The department is pretty old school and did not have any type of SOP's and advanced analytics for the job at hand.   Answer Question

Finance Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Acuity Brands in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with pretty basic stuff. Very generic boring questions that were googled off the internet. Watch out for the elimination questions that come near the end of the 40 min interview because missing those will result in a "thank you for your time". This company only cares about Georgia Tech, UGA, and some Georgia State grads. I wouldn't recommend wasting your time. If you don't believe me please look on LinkedIn.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for a quiz on financial statements regardless if you aren't up to speed because you took the class two years ago. They want a very specific answer concerning debit and credit entries.   Answer Question

Finance Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

Interview

Interview format was not consistent with what HQ HR communicated. Was told it would be panel format with 4 individuals, but it was with 3 people individually. Interviews were standard. However, one of the interviewers said negative things about the person who was previously in the position. I lost interest in the position after that point.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chatsworth, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Acuity Brands (Chatsworth, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Horrible experience! Even though I`d read the reviews from other people but decided to give it a shot and what a mistake! I found Acuity Brands Lighting through a recruiting company. The first interview was over the phone without any notification someone from Acuity called me at 6:00pm which first I thought that`s one of those life insurance jobs so because I was driving I asked that lady to schedule another time which she offered next day at 10 am. She called at 10:50am; no big deal but at the same time not a good sign of being professional. Surprisingly through the recruiter they scheduled for a panel format interview. Well, hope they don`t send me an offer because I am not going to ever work in that company. 2 people came into the room with absolutely no smile the whole time asking me very technical questions which it would be difficult to answer when you`re not in front of the computer. I had never failed any interviews before; and my experience with them was absolutely horrible.

Interview Questions

• Make an Example to show how you program with R.Slogix. AutoCAD commands. Questions about different transducers and how they work.   Answer Question

Buyer/Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Acuity Brands (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Got a phone call from HR manager. The interview lasted about 30 mins. All questions were very basic, regarding my background, how many companies did I work for, what were my responsibilities, did I have an experience with managing inventory levels and so on. After all questoins, he provided the brief description about offering position. Got a call back few days later saying I was not chosen for this position due to the lack of experience

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be a good fit for our company?   Answer Question