Acumen Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2018

2.8

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Acumen (Burlingame, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Initial analytical assignment over email, was given a week to complete. Next step was a phone screen which included questions about my interest in Acumen, statistical skills, and experience. Several weeks later an in person meeting including several group interviews with multiple members of the team, and a test on probability and statistics. High quality interviewing skills, asked me to elaborate on my experience and future interests, asking thoughtful questions. The whole team was quite engaged, to a level of rigor I haven't seen at goliath corporations like Genentech and McKinsey.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you experienced an ethical conflict and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Nov 18, 2015 – Senior Recruiting Coordinator

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your interview experience! Thank you for sharing.

Other Interview Reviews for Acumen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Acumen (Washington, DC) in February 2018.

Interview

After I submitted my application, I received an email to complete a data exercise to be considered for an interview. The purpose of the exercise was to determine how I investigate the data, analyze the data, and then write about the data. There were three questions in total. It was to be submitted one week after receiving the initial email.

Interview Questions

Acumen Response

Jun 4, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate it.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Acumen in November 2017.

Interview

It was a good interview experience. The HR arrange the interviews very organized. There is a data excersice and there is a phone screen. During onsite Interview, most of the questions are about my resume. Some technicial questions were involved but not very hard. Demonstrated your interest on healthcare data is important.

Interview Questions

Acumen Response

Jun 4, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving us a review. I'm happy to hear our Recruiting Department is very organized!

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Acumen (Burlingame, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied on time and I was invited to finish a take home challenge, one phone interview, then onsite. The whole process is very clear. Also, hr are quite nice. I really like the company. It is located near the sea and has beautiful view.

Interview Questions

Acumen Response

Jun 4, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

I apologize for the delayed response. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Acumen (Burlingame, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First round of excel test; Then phone call with one of the analyst about the projects and resume screening; Final on site with probability test and interviews with 4-5 analysts or managers

Interview Questions

Acumen Response

Jun 5, 2018 – Lead Recruiter

Thank you for your interest in Acumen, LLC. We appreciate your feedback.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Acumen (Washington, DC) in August 2018.

Interview

Hands down the most unprofessional interview process I have ever been through, it is abundantly clear that their human resources team either does not have a firm grasp on the hiring process at all or doesn't care to try. From start to finish the process took over three months and I had to continually push follow up emails in order to get status updates. After my final interview, which was four hours long and included a timed IQ test & three in person interviews, I didn't hear back for over a month. I was told I'd hear within two weeks, followed up twice, and received a 2 sentence rejection email over four weeks later. The amount of time I invested in this process to receive such meager response is deeply insulting and unprofessional. If this is indicative of their internal functions as a company I consider this a bullet dodged.

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone Interview. Asked me to talk about the most recent quantitative study I have done.