Acumen Quantitative Research Analyst-Statistical Programmer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Acumen Quantitative Research Analyst-Statistical Programmer Interview Questions

Interviews at Acumen

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Acumen (Burlingame, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Submitted an application online as was contacted within 1 week to schedule phone interview. Phone interview was easy. The interviewers are not part of human resources, did not ask typical behavior based questions. For example, was asked to elaborate on my experience in a math course I was enrolled in. Additional questions include, what is the most difficulty project you have been involved in and why.

The onsite interview consisted of a 1 hour lunch meeting with two analyst, paid by Acumen.
 The logic test should not be a problem for any individual who has taken a logic course/ math reasoning.
There is a total of 4 interviews, 30 minutes in length. The 1st interview the most difficult, meet with a senior analyst and was given a case interview. The remaining 3 interviews were relatively easy. When asked a question, provide as many details as possible. Once again, interviewers are analyst not from HR. The interviewers spent a fair amount of the time discussing their projects, so the 30 minute interview can quickly shrink to 15 minutes of actual interviewing. It is vital you use that limited time to sell your abilities to the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your research experience. What skills you learned and how they can be applied to this position.   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work at Acumen?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Acumen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Acumen (Burlingame, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview after 2 weeks. The interview is mostly about my resume and experience, no technical questions. I am given a on-site interview after 1 month. The interview starts with a very easy math and logic test. I am then given a few one on one interview. Most of the people are recent graduate and has just worked there for 1 year.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any difficult questions. Most of the questions are about why I want to work here, which projects will I be interested. however, the last interviewer told me that this isn't such as much statistical modeling as I thought in the job, and this might not suit me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Acumen (Burlingame, CA).

Interview

I saw their posting on the school career center website and got an e-mail to request the interview at their office. Their office is located somewhere near the SFO airport. Anyway, signed up for the interview and had a quantitative exam and three interviews on a single day. First interview was with two interviewers and one interviewer for second and third ones. They all asked similar questions--experience with projects, statistical concepts, why did you choose Acumen, knowledge in their business fields.

Interview Questions

• well all questions were all right.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Acumen (Burlingame, CA).

Interview

Their processing time is rather slow. The initial contact for a phone interview took a couple weeks, but after that, the following interviews were conducted within the span of a month. Offer responses were made within two weeks after the final round of interviews that consisted of an aptitude test and speaking with four other employees at the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Acumen (Burlingame, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

first round phone interview, current analyst not from HR, walk though the resume, background, programming experience, pervious intern, projects
    then typical follow up Q&A, make sure check the websites of the company and get more background information
    second round on-site interview, not sure about this, nothing comes to me yet

Interview Questions

• was asked what I knew about the company,
      did you check the company website, what kind of projects the company do   Answer Question

Quantitative Research Analyst-Statistical Programmer Interview

Interview

Phone interview-- I like it, basically because this is the only job I was looking into.
    Hmmm, just wanted to post some questions for other people's references.

Interview Questions

• Why interested in Acumen?
      Past research experience?
      Future plans?   Answer Question

Quantitative Research Analyst-Statistical Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Acumen in October 2013.

Interview

After meeting with a rep at a university career fair and applying online they set up a brief (maybe 30-45 minutes) phone interview. The interview was pretty low-key, centering on my previous experience in statistical and quantitative work and any questions I had about the company. Nothing technical or even any basic interview-type questions. Maybe a week later they invited me to fly out for an on-site interview, but after they refused to reimburse my full expenses I declined to continue with the process. As I understand it their contracts with the government preclude them reimbursing above a certain amount, and I figured that I didn't want to work at a place with restrictions like that.

Everyone was as nice as they could be in the interview process though.

Interview Questions

• Given that I only did a basic phone screen, nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question

Quantitative Research Analyst-Statistical Programmer Interview

Interview

The process take not too long, but the questions are too simple, similar to basic GRE quantitative questions. I don't know why many students from top universities were interviewed and hired.....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Acumen (Burlingame, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted about a week later for a phone interview. The phone interviewer was very fun to talk to. Had an interesting conversation. Was invited for an on site interview. It took about 3 weeks to get an on site interview date. The on site interview was very generic. Started off with a logic test which was very simple and then had 4 one on one interviews. I thought the interviews went well but never heard back from them. It took forever to get my travel reimbursement as well. I had given all hopes that I would ever get the reimbursement back. Seems like an okay place to work for - people I interviewed with were young and smart but the bureaucracy is pretty awful for such a small company.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very generic. Was asked a simple probability brain teaser.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Acumen (Washington, DC) in November 2012.

Interview

I interviewed in the DC office. As other people have said, the office feels unprofessional. They recently moved into a new DC office (within the past year). It is a small office (currently only 6 employees, including 1 project manager), with very little furnishing.

Had a phone interview, got in-person interview several weeks later. There was some lag between the invitation and actually getting it set up.

As in the Burlingame office, they administer a logic/statistics test. The interview consisted of 1 hour test, 30 minute discussion with manager, 30 minute discussion with analyst. The other analyst conducted the phone interview, so they did not have her speak with me again.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview went in depth into past research. Be prepared to discuss it.   1 Answer