Acuris Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Acuris Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2018

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Acuris.

Interview

For the interview, they asked basic questions and met the team separately. Seemed like they have a good culture. They have many different groups that is associated in the company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Acuris (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

1 round of interview with hiring managers who were very friendly. very brief interview nothing specific. no technical questions asked. interview lasted for like half an hour which had hiring managers and senior manager asking questions.

Senior Reporter Interview

Interview

When I hired people, we really just wanted to see that you generally wanted to work at Mergermarket, that you wanted any job in the world as long as it paid you money.

Interview Questions

• What's a time that you had a story killed, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not any real negotiation.

Junior Designer Interview

Interview

Phone interview and then in person interview. Both early morning. Surprised with 2nd interviewer at the in-person. Very nice and approachable. No reception so a bit confusing. Found office manager.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Acuris (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

After applying online, a regional editor phoned me and we had a short discussion on why I was interested in the job. From there, the interview process was turned over to senior editorial leaders who asked more pointed questions about the financial markets, my journalism experience and they presented various hypothetical news situations.

Interview Questions

• They presented scenarios in which a CEO might say something about his/her company's strategy. I was then asked to come up with follow-up questions for the hypothetical CEO. The interviewer wants the journalist prospect to demonstrate he or she can draw more enlightening information from a CEO who is only answering questions with fiduciary statements.   Answer Question

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Acuris in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process was long. It involved a test and writing a story. It didn't prove useful to figure out what kind of job it was anyway. They should have mentioned that the job would involve enduring abuse at the hands of managers.

Interview Questions

• How did you get the information you got for the test story?   1 Answer

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Acuris.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. Then I was invited in for an in-person interview and I had to take a writing/reporting test. Also met the editors who would be supervising my publication.

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Acuris in May 2015.

Interview

The questions asked: 1. Walk us through your resume 2. How will you go about covering private companies? 3. How do you find sources? 4. What is the most challenging thing you will find about the job?

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging thing you will find about the job?   Answer Question

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acuris.

Interview

Had an initial phone call and then in-person. Very detailed questions. Wanted to know about different topics I'd written on. Was not overly challenging, but needed to be ready to give concise, information-filled answers.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to do 1-hour writing exercise that was high-pressure.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Acuris (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

the interview process is fast and fair. I went for onsite interview a days or two after I had phone interview with the HR Generalist. I met 2 people in a time. Interview questions are based on behavior and some situation questions. not difficult, fair and comfortable.