Acuris Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Acuris Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2018

Junior Reporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Acuris (New York, NY).

Interview

The employer had two staff interview me, one after the other. One manager seemed approachable but the other didn't. Trust your instinct and don't jump at a position with this company if you feel like you would not want to work for this type of management. Next step, if they like you, they assign a written test where you call two people at the company who pretend they are a CEO and a banker. Write-up the story and submit it.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall specific questions that stood out at me in the interview itself. More of the company's focus is on whether they think you could write about finance, and then they test that with the written part of the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Definitely negotiate upwards because they will try to lowball you by several thousand. Might not be worth working for them if you feel the salary is too low for your liking.

Junior Reporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Acuris (New York, NY).

Interview

The editor initially didn't want to interview me because I was over-qualified, but I stated my case. The interview was one hr and I took a writing test. Three weeks later, she said she couldn't hire another reporter and to try again in a few months, which I did.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: The Americas Editor asked why my previous reporter couldn't find another position for me when they laid me off.   1 Answer
    • Unexpected: She also asked if I would have a problem relocating four hours to NYC. They were odd questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I initially thought the salary was 40K, but the company starts all junior reporters at 38K. She said I could be promoted in three months if I wrote 5-7 stories a week consistently. I did so and got a 4K raise.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Acuris.

Interview

For the interview, they asked basic questions and met the team separately. Seemed like they have a good culture. They have many different groups that is associated in the company.

Senior Reporter Interview

Interview

When I hired people, we really just wanted to see that you generally wanted to work at Mergermarket, that you wanted any job in the world as long as it paid you money.

Interview Questions

• What's a time that you had a story killed, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not any real negotiation.

Junior Designer Interview

Interview

Phone interview and then in person interview. Both early morning. Surprised with 2nd interviewer at the in-person. Very nice and approachable. No reception so a bit confusing. Found office manager.

Financial Reporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Acuris (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

After an initial interview, expect a writing test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was a standard salary amount for new starters, no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Acuris (Boston, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

A screening interview, a writing test, a second interview with a regional director, a third call in which I was told I had the job (sort of) and a promised third interview with a VP that never materialized, all stretched out over three months.

Interview Questions

• "Can you live on $36,000 a year?"   1 Answer
    • "Can you work full time?"   1 Answer
    • "Have I called too late?"   1 Answer

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acuris.

Interview

Had an initial phone call and then in-person. Very detailed questions. Wanted to know about different topics I'd written on. Was not overly challenging, but needed to be ready to give concise, information-filled answers.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to do 1-hour writing exercise that was high-pressure.   Answer Question

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Acuris in May 2015.

Interview

The questions asked: 1. Walk us through your resume 2. How will you go about covering private companies? 3. How do you find sources? 4. What is the most challenging thing you will find about the job?

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging thing you will find about the job?   Answer Question

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Acuris in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process was long. It involved a test and writing a story. It didn't prove useful to figure out what kind of job it was anyway. They should have mentioned that the job would involve enduring abuse at the hands of managers.

Interview Questions

• How did you get the information you got for the test story?   1 Answer