Acushnet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Acushnet

Candidate Interview Review

Senior Web Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Acushnet (San Marcos, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a phone call with the hiring manager for Scotty Cameron, a boutique division owned by Acushnet. It went well, and it seemed like a decent opportunity. Seemed like the role would come with some freedom and independence, which sounded good. They brought me onsite for a three-hour interview in San Marcos -- a pretty decent haul from San Diego (50 minutes there, 60 minutes back). I had to drive first to the Carlsbad office to meet with an Acushnet HR person. Then I had to drive to San Marcos about ten minutes away to meet with the rest of the team: the product manager, a couple of marketing guys, and a back-end engineer. Also, Scotty Cameron's assistant swung by at the end to meet me. Everyone was friendly and polite. The tech questions were pretty easy, no whiteboarding. There's no front end person there to probe deeply. It seemed like they really liked me (they told my recruiter they were "very impressed" by my background), and they said they would get in touch within a few days to let me know. A week later, I still hadn't heard from them. When I talked to my recruiter, she said they were interviewing one more person and needed another week. Another week passed by, and still no word. At this point, it seemed like it wasn't going to happen. I waited another two weeks (4 weeks in all) and wrote the internal Acushnet HR person I had met with directly, and she wrote back a one-sentence email saying they're still interviewing. That's all she wrote. It's been about 6 weeks now, and there's still no decision. I can appreciate their wanting to meet more applicants, but to refuse to give a "yes" or "no" or any kind of honest timetable is unprofessional and, frankly, insulting. Even if I were to get an offer now, I would turn it down based on this poor interaction.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain what JSON is in plain English, and why it's useful?   Answer Question