Acxiom Technical Writer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Acxiom (Conway, AR) in November 2011.

Interview

Interviewed twice for separate positions. The technical writer interview consisted of multiple persons (nine?) on the "team" within a conference room. Aside from the awkward conferencing of 3 people via phone, the interview was quite uncomfortable due to the effort, or lack thereof, members engaging in the interview process, whether by body-language or physical appearance by participants on the team, All preparation went down the drain wanting to excuse non-participants from the interview. If this was considered a "test" to see how one performs under pressure, it was horribly, choreographed. Never had a follow-up, wasn't expected.
Second interview, one year later for Team Leader, consisted of two individuals, the Manager of team leaders and the exiting team leader. Very laid back, very comfortable. Not in a conference room, more like a lounge. Offered the position but declined, transition was not financially lucrative.

Interview Questions

• Technical Writer- In referencing my resume, asked why I would hold a position in which I was overqualified (question posed by individual not wanting to be there)...Answer- "Just graduated college; needed experience, insurance,and to be a productive member of society."
    Team Leader- It was such a casual conversation with the two interviewers, I really didn't think I was going to be offered the position, so I was able to be myself and chalk it up to experience.   1 Answer

Team Leader offer was for 55k, expected more.