AdRoll Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 26, 2017

3.1

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AdRoll (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

It took time to discuss with the Recruiter and setup time for first telephonic interview. After first telephonic, it took less than 5 days for onsite interview and result. The interview questions were around problem solving and case studies.No behavioral or scenario questions

Interview Questions

• Whats your favorite product. When was the last time you used it? Now, you are the person responsible to bring back the users to use the product again. What would you do? What experiments would you run   Answer Question
    • How would you increase Amazon Prime adoption and reduce churn. If you have unlimited resources what would you do   Answer Question
    • Case to solve: You are the owner of a platform to where non-profit org can build their website. Few orgs create Video and observe a increase in user traffic. How would you convince other orgs to use Videos too.   1 Answer
    • How would you make our ad platform easy to use for marketers. How would you make it efficient. How would you increase ROI   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AdRoll (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was scheduled for 2 telephone interviews. The first one was 3 days after the applied ,the second was 6 days after that. I then received the TBNT email right after the second phone interview.

Data Scientist, Feature Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AdRoll (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was scheduled for a phone interview with a Data Scientist for a 30 min call. He wanted to do a case study and he didn't ask any question regarding my past experience and anything related to stats/ML which I found kind of weird.

Interview Questions

• How would you evaluate the revenue being brought in by a show if you are Netflix? How would you decide whether or not to do a second season for a show?   Answer Question

Marketing Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AdRoll (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone interview with a team member, followed by an in-person interview (four additional team members).

Everything was organized and smooth. The office was bright and cheerful. The team members were smart, friendly, and respected my time.

Despite not getting an offer, I came away with a very positive impression of AdRoll. It seems like a great place to work.

Brand Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AdRoll in July 2017.

Interview

I was quickly put in touch with the hiring manager after applying online, and appreciated not having to go through a typical HR interview which I find is often times not very meaningful. However, the interview process was mixed, in which the company expected you to basically do work for them as part of the interview around. I strongly believe in having some type of assignment to show one's ability if questions are not able to gather that, but I don't believe in doing it for the company that you're interviewing for. So for example, I shouldn't be doing an assignment on AdRoll as there is already a bias of the company with more information than what you have. I also found the follow-through to be suboptimal with multiple exchanges that did not end up anywhere positive.

Interview Questions

• Help me understand why you changed has it one stage in your career.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AdRoll (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Initial call with recruiter. Then a coderpad challenge. 1 Skype call with remote folks and finally on site interviews. On site consisted of white boarding and also coding on laptop. Overall, all the people seem pleasant and passionate about their work. Of course, all of them were very bright. My experience was positive although I didn't get offer.

Interview Questions

• System design, data structure, algorithm question. They do care about optimizations since they deal with very large number of impressions/clicks in the ad world.   1 Answer

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AdRoll (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The process took about 4 weeks. It was quick, painless and the technical recruiter moving me through was completely transparent and open the entire time. Very friendly and respectful.

First step was a technical phone screen with the recruiter. Some technical questions were asked on topics of my choosing. Next, I spoke with the hiring manager who asked about my experience and more technical questions on similar topics. I was invited onsite shortly afterwards and met with several folks from the SF team via hangout in the NY office. Technical questions around SQL and Javascript were asked in the onsite. Found out I received the offer less than a week after!

Interview Questions

• What happens in the backend when you try to access google.com?   Answer Question

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AdRoll (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screen then onsite with 4 team members. Interviewing with Adroll was an extremely efficient and professional process: everyone was extremely bright, fun, and enthusiastic, and the interviews felt more like conversations with colleagues rather than being grilled on the spot. There was a mix of both technical and non-technical questions.

The recruiter (P. G.) was very prompt in giving feedback and coordinating meetings, and from the whole experience, it's clear that Adroll makes it a priority to take care of their people. Although I ultimately decided not to take the offer due to personal reasons, it was a great experience and would very much reconsider if the future permitted.

Senior Commercial Counsel Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AdRoll in February 2017.

Interview

I felt that I was late to the interview process because the job had been posted for a month and a half already, but the General Counsel let me go through the interview process. I first did a phone interview with the paralegal (hit it off great with her!) and then moved to in-person interviews (on 2 separate days).

Everyone in this small legal department was fantastic and super nice and I felt very comfortable talking with them. The General Counsel, to my mind, works hard to create a legal team of people who are down-to-earth and kind. They are also self-starters and not afraid to roll up their sleeves to do what they need to do to get the job done.

I also interviewed with non-legal people at AdRoll and they were very kind as well. It's clear that they work hard, but it's a friendly atmosphere.

I definitely recommend this company and if you get a chance, I recommend applying for a position in the legal department if one comes open. A++++

Interview Questions

• Describe a process improvement that you've implemented before and how you went about doing that?   1 Answer

User Experience Research Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AdRoll (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

This was the most efficient and painless interview process I have been through. Everything moved fairly quickly, and there was always a clear picture of what next steps would look like. There were four interviews before the on-site, but one of those was to connect with people who would not be there in-person for the visit, so that seems like a reasonable number. The recruiters are the most responsive and friendliest that I have dealt with; there's no doubt that working with them was a highlight of the experience. They also very kindly offered to have a call with feedback after they declined to make an offer (but essentially of their feedback was positive, so I'm not sure how much I could glean from it; still nice of them to offer).

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to do on impromptu user test during your on-site.   Answer Question