AdRoll Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AdRoll Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

Senior Commercial Counsel Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AdRoll in February 2017.

Interview

I felt that I was late to the interview process because the job had been posted for a month and a half already, but the General Counsel let me go through the interview process. I first did a phone interview with the paralegal (hit it off great with her!) and then moved to in-person interviews (on 2 separate days).

Everyone in this small legal department was fantastic and super nice and I felt very comfortable talking with them. The General Counsel, to my mind, works hard to create a legal team of people who are down-to-earth and kind. They are also self-starters and not afraid to roll up their sleeves to do what they need to do to get the job done.

I also interviewed with non-legal people at AdRoll and they were very kind as well. It's clear that they work hard, but it's a friendly atmosphere.

I definitely recommend this company and if you get a chance, I recommend applying for a position in the legal department if one comes open. A++++

Interview Questions

• Describe a process improvement that you've implemented before and how you went about doing that?   1 Answer

User Experience Research Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AdRoll (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

This was the most efficient and painless interview process I have been through. Everything moved fairly quickly, and there was always a clear picture of what next steps would look like. There were four interviews before the on-site, but one of those was to connect with people who would not be there in-person for the visit, so that seems like a reasonable number. The recruiters are the most responsive and friendliest that I have dealt with; there's no doubt that working with them was a highlight of the experience. They also very kindly offered to have a call with feedback after they declined to make an offer (but essentially of their feedback was positive, so I'm not sure how much I could glean from it; still nice of them to offer).

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to do on impromptu user test during your on-site.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AdRoll (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a recruiter phone screen, a manager phone interview, and an onsite interview with 5 team members. I was recruited by Amanda Meister and David Lopez, both of whom were great to work with. AdRoll was responsive and provided a straightforward process in a timely manner; I had a positive experience!

Interview Questions

• My phone interviews entailed describing my past projects and work experience, as well as my interest in the business intelligence analyst position I applied for and any previous technical experience.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Enjoyed my conversations with everyone. I knew of AdRoll from being in the ad tech industry previously. I attended a few of their events and also met folks during ad tech week. Great people throughout and could have seen myself there for a good while. Ultimately I decided to pursue a different industry to gain another area to my recruiting toolkit, which I don't regret at all. But I did have a great feeling about AdRoll in general and would look to reconnect if the timing and opportunity made sense.

Ad Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AdRoll (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Everything was going smooth until the whole process ended. Before the interview ends, I always ask the interviewer if there was anything that I've said within the duration of the interview that might have given them even the slightest doubt that I'm the right fit for the role. Every single one of them(4 total) said no, and that everything looked good, making me expect a good outcome. There were no constructive criticisms at all. I heard back from the recruiter the next day, telling me that they decided not to move forward with me. The reason behind it is completely a mystery as the recruiter never responded back when I asked for feedback or any reason why they decided not to move forward with me.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AdRoll (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter on a Wednesday and over the phone we proactively scheduled an onsite for Friday. The RC reached out and confirmed onsite.

During the onsite I met with Director of Recruiting, Engineering Manager, VP of Engineering, HR, and Recruiter. The conversations were very fluid and organic which I really appreciated. The worst is having an onsite where it is like an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• How do you communication with hiring managers?

Describe a challenge you've had with a hiring manager?

What is the process for a req getting approved at your current company?

Lead, Ad Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AdRoll (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was very up front and open about the entire process even gave me the feedback after my interview even though I wasn't offered the position. That was really helpful and generous.

Everyone who interviewed me was very prepared, took great notes and looked to be a pleasure to work with.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AdRoll.

Interview

Screen call scheduling spanned out for weeks and involved me having to stay on top of recruiter. Recruiter was young with an almost put-on bro accent, a little distracting. Maybe in line with fratty culture another reviewer discussed. Basic conversation, was ambiguous with feedback at the end so I asked for clarification.

Didn't want to move me forward for petty reasons that they had a hard time communicating, one being that I don't really know where I want to take my career path, which I actually did somewhat. Said that the role's trajectory would only be in sales - and since I mentioned that in startups, one of the things I like is that you can start on one team (sales for example) and end up on another (HR or operations for example), as a couple of people I know have experienced. Of course this is based on the growth and needs of a company and the employees interest and capacity to do it.

I guess that was the wrong thing to say. I remember saying that I could see myself riding the sales trajectory up to AE, manager, director, etc. so not sure where the disconnect really happened. It felt more like some other reason and they chose this as a random excuse to not move me forward because this didn't seem like a real reason at all. I knew the product well, company well, could have ramped up fast and crushed the numbers.

Very easy interview but since I am not sure what went wrong and I didn't move forward I'll bump it up to easy. Shouldn't have bothered keeping on top of them for a couple weeks for the interview, wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of AdRoll and the AdTech industry
      Understanding of and motivation for going into sales
      Professional background and experience relevant for the role

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AdRoll (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

It was quick and easy. They were very transparent with the process up until the last bit in which I was not offered the position. The final step was quite nerve racking in regards to the google hangout that we set up. I had to meet with virtually all the executives of the company, making it significantly more strenuous than most interviews.

Business Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AdRoll (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Seamless and VERY well organized.
    The process was Initial phone screen, then phone interview, in person interview with 4 people - 30 minutes each, and a casual coffee meeting.
    Everyone on the team was genuinely nice and very experienced, definitely a great team to be in.
    Salary range was very competitive and the opportunity to learn is endless.
    The leadership set an awesome culture and definitely feel that when you interact with the employees.

Interview Questions

• How did you influence people?
      How do you work in ambiguous situations?
      Do you overthink things?
      Walk through your resume?
      Why do you want this role?