Adams Globalization Linguist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Adams Globalization

Linguist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Adams Globalization (Austin, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Prior to the Interview, Linguist will have to take a translation test which is rated. They'll talk a little about the outcome during the Interview and will let you know that you will start out as a Contractor.

Interview Questions

Linguistic Proofreader Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Adams Globalization (Austin, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Adams keep posting Linguistic Proofreader Position ads in a regular cycle.

In the same day I've submitted my resume, the office manager sent me a "translation" test for a proofreader position.
    The test should be turn in within 24hours by the company rule, but it was Friday afternoon when I got the test. The office manager allowed me to have an extra day. I've turned it in Monday morning. The office manager contacted me Tuesday, she said I passed the test, then the interview was set up Friday 11AM in the same week.

The interview was held at the office. There were three people, the office manager, the product manager(I forgot his exact title) and the quality manager.

The interview took about 30-35 min, not too short but not too long for this kind of position, I think.
    They kept asking me if I am ok for working in a multicultural environment and if I have willingness to learning to use their translation software tools or other equipment for the work to be done.

The office manager explained to me they provide self learning translation training program for new employee.
    They have the guideline for measuring to see how a new employee succeeds or fails specific goals(ex. the translation speed) during the probation period.

The quality manager asked me some questions in my native language such as, "How long I took to complete the trial translation test(its subject was some hotel room and service info)", if I have any other translation experience.

They told me the company mainly focus on software localization, sounds primarily they need someone who has IT background, that their ad mentioned.
    However, they have a project with a well known hotel (they mentioned the name and it was familiar).
    Now, they want to built my native language team (a group of 3-5people) immediately.
    The end of the interview, the office manager told me they would give me some clue by the end of the next week.

It's been more than two months they've been in silence. I found several posts of people who claim to have the same experiences of trial tests and interviews with Adams. Some people said Adams is scam after the interview. I didn't contact them.
    If the company claims their speciality is software localization, testing, internationalization, how come the company's website didn't update since 2007? additionally, the website looked awkwardly small.

Interview Questions