Adaptive Biotechnologies Computational Biologist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Adaptive Biotechnologies Computational Biologist Interview Questions

Interviews at Adaptive Biotechnologies

4.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adaptive Biotechnologies (Seattle, WA).

Interview

This as easily been the worst interview process I have ever been through. When I originally had seen the rating for the company it was a 2.0 (recently employee's have rated this company with 5 stars to boost it's rating to 4.4) and took it with a grain of salt - but now I completely understand why. From the moment of organizing my phone call with the recruiter to the moment I left the onsite interview, it was an unprofessional experience to say the least. I did not get the offer, however, if I had I would have rejected it because the culture and management of the company is worse than poor.

A few things to highlight during my experience:
1. The recruiter asked for a initial phone screen the following day of her email. After my prompt reply, our meeting was not confirmed and we chatted a few days later
2. Scheduling the on-site interview was handled unprofessionally. I had to follow up several times in regards to specifics of the interview and the travel logistics. At that time I was told I would be given the schedule for my interview. I had to follow up again for that.
3. After being given my schedule and assignments for the interview (a week before my interview). I received a call 3 days later, the hiring manager called me and mentioned that the draft schedule/assignment for my interview was incorrect and I needed to start over. This was 2 days prior to my interview.
4.The day of my travel to visit the company, I had to email the HR coordinator, because I was still not given my detailed interview schedule, including the time of my interview.
5. As I was pulling up to my hotel, I was emailed by the recruiter mentioning that the position was filled. All the offices were closed so I was left emailing and calling Adaptive franticly, exhausted from 4am nights to prepare and upset.
6. My detailed interview schedule was presented to me at 9:30pm the night before my interview.
7. Upon my arrival they had a project coordinator as the receptionist for the day - something that I am sure is not her within her responsibilities.
8. Employees rolled their eyes when I mentioned I had a pleasant conversation with the co-founder.

I have interviewed at a number of companies and have never been discounted so much. The people were lovely but you can feel the utter chaos in the company structure even after being there for merely one day. To the applicants, I strongly urge you to weigh your options before accepting an offer at this company, should you receive one. I consider it a blessing that I wasn't given that option. The experience showed me what a terribly structured company looks like with poor management. This company is small and specialized so I can't imagine they have a large applicant pool in comparison to even a 1000+ company. It shouldn't be difficult to know who your applicant is and what job they are applying for AND give them the correct information in a timely manner - last time I checked, that wasn't a unreasonable request. They seemed to forget that the interview process is a two-way street. I'm not saying to not interview here, or not accept a job here - I'm just asking that you proceed with caution and weigh your options.

Adaptive Biotechnologies Response

Feb 23, 2016 – HR Generalist

Your feedback is very valuable and what you experienced is truly not the norm. This was a unique situation and we apologize for how it was handled. We strive to create a great interview process for... More

Other Interview Reviews for Adaptive Biotechnologies

Computational Biologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Adaptive Biotechnologies.

Interview

Easy online application, phone screen with a recruiter shortly after applying, technical chat with hiring manager arranged soon after by the recruiter. While I was not selected, it was a nice process unlike the experience highlighted in a previous review.

Interview Questions

• Why Adaptive? What interests you in working at our company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Adaptive Biotechnologies (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter for the job posting an had a phone interview with the hiring manager a few days later. That interview was a general screening and asked about my interest and things related to my resume. Then I had a phone interview with HR for 30 hour to discuss company culture (which is awesome; more on that later). They flew me up to Seattle for a two day long interview that contained a mixed between white board cidubg interviews, and personality interviews. I got an offer within a week.

I would say culture is a mix between start up and big company. There are 3 kitchens stocked with snacks and a nice gym with boot camp classes offered. But there's also real healthcare coverage with flexible spending accounts and HSAs. Culture isn't perfect though. I would *love* if childcare would be available, for example, so employees can better focus on work related tasks.

Interview Questions

• what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?   1 Answer