Adara Networks Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Adara Networks

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Adara Networks (San Jose, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I got a call through a recruiter and telephone interview was short and high level. There was only one round of interview with a panel consists of CEO and couple of technical folks. Questions were simple and straight forward other than some very specific network protocol timer questions. Interview setup was very formal and professional. More than the questions i was told about the ceo's accomplishments , company history, strengths, contacts etc; it helped me to make the right decision indeed.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to fire an employee immediately when his/her performance is not meeting the expectations ?   2 Answers

I did not hear about the company before and their website did not seem to provide much of details. I thought it is going to be an exciting startup opportunity; but the company was around for more than 10 years and it looked like a process heavy company for it's size. All my questions related to the investors , board members, leadership seemed to annoy them and i did not get any answers. In the later discussions when i mentioned my current pay and pay expectations (which is market rate for a seasoned professional) it seemed to surprise them and after a week i was given an offer which was 25% less than my current pay. They did quote that the number of stocks is the most valuable item and the number of stocks are in six figures but when i asked what it really means in terms of percentage, they did not disclose it. So i declined the offer. Mainly lack of transparency is what made me decline this offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Adara Networks

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adara Networks in March 2011.

Interview

A recruiter found my resume on Dice.com and contacted me. I got an interview the following week, and it was very strange. 1 hour with the CEO in a conference room. This was not a managerial position; I got the impression that he personally interviews every employee hired. He was eager to name-drop about who he was in talks with, and he referred several times to the fifteen companies he has started and sold or brought public, but never named them. They outsource their website work and marketing to a San Francisco agency. He stated that they give coding tests for engineers before hiring. The good thing is that he knew what he wanted and asked directly about the work I had done previously and the technologies I had worked with, not wasting time on theoretical questions. OTOH, he had clearly not read my resume beforehand and was rushed to make it to a meeting afterward. Over three weeks later there has been no follow-up from the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a specific technology you worked with at a previous company and what you learned about it.   1 Answer