Adconion E-mail Marketing Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

E-mail Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Adconion (San Diego, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Very unprofessional experience. After seeing a monster ad and applying online I was contacted for a phone screening weeks later. We scheduled a phone screening for 4 days later. During that time I received 8 more e-mails requesting a phone screening (probably intended for other people) and then an apology note.

The day of the phone screening (Friday afternoon, during working hours) I set aside some time, got home from work early and studied up on the position and the company. I got a call 20 minutes before the time to tell me that she couldn't do it... because she was on her way to a friend's birthday dinner. And "didn't see it on her calendar." I was pretty miffed but left a friendly and understanding message in response.

We reschedule for a time on Monday while I'm at work. After the three day gap I needed to prepare yet again. The recruiter calls me 10 minutes before the time we agreed on. Those 10 minutes were going to be used to ask if I could use the conference room. I ran in. So then, in the middle of the interview, I actually had to be asked to leave by my boss.

Despite that, the interview went well and at the end the recruiter said she'd give me a great report, that I was easy to talk to. She said I'd hear back about interviews that week. I heard nothing.

I then sent her a friendly e-mail reiterating my interest and asking how the hiring process was coming along. I heard nothing back again.

Then I check the company application site and see that after I sent that e-mail, my application status was changed to "Not Selected." That was all.

I've never been so inconsiderately or unprofessionally treated by an HR person in my life. If that's any reflection on this company's attitude in general, keep that in mind when deciding to apply to or accept an offer from them. Fortunately a few weeks later I received a better job at a marketing consulting company.

I will definitely keep this experience in mind when recommending future clients to agencies.

Interview Questions