Adecco Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

3.1

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gloucester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Adecco (Gloucester, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Was a telephone interview, called on time explained process and was pretty spot to the time given. Explained next steps and what they would expect I'd the position was offered

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you overcame a challenging customer or colleague   1 Answer

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheltenham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Adecco (Cheltenham, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Consisted of a Behavioural interview questions, was very fast paced. I enjoyed meeting the interviewers and they were really friendly. However was very disappointed that after the interview I received no further communication to let me know whether I was successful or unsuccessful, even though they said they would be in touch. Then when I emailed to ask for an update and feedback, again I didn't receive a response. I won't be applying or using Adecco again in the future.

Internal Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Adecco.

Interview

Being in recruitment myself I used a recruitment agency when searching for a new role to save myself time. My consultant at Adecco got me an interview for a position at another company. I was made to come into the Adecco office which was far away to register also, which I know from being in recruitment myself it was not needed, documents required e.g. Passport and registration form could have been emailed. I attended my interview with said company and was told I would hear back from my recruitment consultant that afternoon with an answer. I never received any feedback or call from my consultant at Adecco to let me know I hadn't got the job or why. Appalling! I then received a call months later from them to update and see if I was still looking for work. Luckily no, I had found myself a new job, however if I was still looking I certainly wouldn't use Adecco!

Print Design Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adecco (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

The company I was based in was very good, the people I worked with with also very nice. Adecco did not interview me, the interview process was pretty laid back, they asked about my work and just basically felt me out to see what sort of person I was.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Adecco (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

at this stage I can say I don't like Recruitment Agency in general like Adecco, I was called for an interview for a temp position for an oil and gas company , the initial interview was just normal and nothing so special to say, then I was called for an interview by the hiring manager and have to report to their office in Canary Wharf ,I was told to submit or show my original documents and signed a form.
    after almost an hour interview by the hiring manager I expect a reply whatever the outcome of my application ,after a week I didn't get a reply nor an update and if ever I have to call (Adecco) office and looking for the recruitment officer in charge of my application but I was not able to get hold of her and other staff were telling me that I should get a message but nothing at all. I believe the position is doesn't really exist or already filled up and just had me for the interview so as to appear the position is open and the company really conduct a hiring process for job. so not reply no update of the outcome as promise.

Interview Questions

• tell me more about your working experienced?
      what do you know about the company?
      do you have experience in using SAP?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adecco in June 2015.

Interview

Rang the company after seeing a generic advert on a job-seekers site. Sent off C.V via email and a few days later I received a call asking me to the to the office and bring with me standard documents. An informal and extremely simple interview followed. Just basic questions followed by giving over personal details so they could sign you on to find you work.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions:
      What previous experience do you have?
      etc   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adecco (Birmingham, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I was invited to attend a group interview that would last approximately 3 hours.
    I was informed that we would be given scenarios and we would have to act as if it was an everyday task - we would then be individually interviewed. The group I attended consisted of 6 males; only 2 of us had recruitment experience (1 being myself). We were put into a presentation room and introduced to the line managers of each department before being split into 2 groups of 3.
     The group of 3 sit in a room and each candidate would have one manager sitting opposite. There are 4 scenarios on a piece of paper and each candidate gets choose one (leaving one spare). The manager would pretend to be the customer and you would pretend to be an employee of Adecco. One example is that you have a company that is on your books that you regularly provide employees to. The company finds a candidate but goes through another recruitment provider. You call the company to check to see if everything is OK with the terms of your agreement/contract. Another example is that you have been providing temporary workers to a company but the last employee refused to go back to them. You have now just had a call from the company to say that the replacement worker has also failed to show up to work. You receive a call from the company who want to complain. Once each of the candidates has completed their scenario, you have to choose another scenario from the piece of paper - so in total you complete 2 scenarios. You will be assessed by all the line managers in the room (3 in my one). Of which they will then leave the room and join the other line managers to discuss what happened in the scenario task. You will then be interviewed individually (if they want to interview you - **this is something that isn't told prior to attending the "interview"**)

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Adecco.

Interview

I had to sit through the numerical and verbal reasoning tests. The verbal reasoning tests consisted to two work situations, after the analysis of which, I had to answer a few questions based on the information. It was then followed by a personal interview which lasted for around half an hour.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bailleston, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adecco (Bailleston, Scotland (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Not much to tell, the interview was basic , they failed to take id and proof of adresse , then had the cheeck to threaten to sack me a few weeks later as they didn't have it, well they took it and asked for this in the first place, instead o. Trying to make it look as if it was my fault

Summer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Adecco.

Interview

The position was a part of a bit of a marketing campaign - every country globally was assigned to open up a few places. But some of the things above may still apply in other settings.

Quite specific to the challenge, I believe, was the original submission of applications. You filled in a form with basic biographical data (including work experience and education), which was then followed by making a 30s video recording explaining why the job should go to you. After that there was a phase where people (anyone, including your own friends) could vote on your application online. The top in terms of votes were guaranteed a phone interview.

The phone interview asked some further information on biographical info, and then some basic motivations questions.

I was then invited to a group interview, where there were plenty of questions about both competency, motivations and how we would approach a client in a specific setting. These questions were all the kind of questions you'd expect to get at a personal interview, but you were now expected to answer them in front of the other top candidates, which can be a little unnerving if you're not used to it.

The next day all three of us got our replies.

Interview Questions

• Why should you, rather than the candidate beside you, get this job?   Answer Question