Aditi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aditi Interview Questions

Interviews at Aditi

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aditi in July 2009.

Interview

This was a screening interview with questions on C++, C, operating system internals and programming problems.

Some of the questions asked were:
    1) Can constructors be virtual?
    2) Can a destructor throw an exception?
    3) How does an exception get thrown and handled (the internals)?
    4) Write a function to reverse a sentence - "I am a boy" becomes "boy a am I"
    5) How do virtual functions work?
    6) Difference between spin locks and semaphores?
    7) Synchronization mechanisms?
    8) Difference between Win32 API SendMessage and PostMessage?
    9) Extern, static, register variables in C.
    10) What is polymorphism?

Interview Questions

• Can a destructor throw an exception?   1 Answer
    • Can a constructor be virtual?   1 Answer

Lab Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aditi (Redmond, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

Employers expect a certain level of competence from their employees, especially in what are basically unskilled (or minimally skilled) positions, like customer service. To them, training consists of teaching you to use the register and making you aware of store policy. The rest of customer service consists of the employee's personality in dealing with a not always bright public.

Interview Questions

• How do you react when you realize that you have made a mistake?   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aditi (Bellevue, WA) in October 2010.

Interview

Test Written Test
    4 Technical Rounds followed by 1 HR Round. Though out the interview they wanted to hire the best and hence should great intreest in a potential candidate. They will make you feel that this is the best place to work, which is 100% true

Interview Questions

• How will you lead a team which is demotivated in Test   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nice folks and nice HR manager. I did not negotiate at all, I appreciated the offer.

Software Build Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Aditi (Bellevue, WA) in March 2007.

Interview

The interview consisted of phone interview, initially they asked general hr questions
    Tell me about yourself. What are your strengths and weaknesses?

then there was a technical interview.
    Out of 10 coins, one weighs less then the others. You have a scale.
    (A)How can you determine which one weighs less in 3 weighs?
    (B)Now how would you do it if you didn't know if the odd coin weighs less or more?

1)diff bet class and structure
    2)syntax of copy constructor
    3)why we need copy constructor?
    4)why we need overloaded = operator?
    5)signature of overloaded = operator for a class?
    e.g. Myclass & operator =(const Myclass &)
    6)why & used in return type of = operator ?

Interview Questions

• 1)diff bet class and structure
      2)syntax of copy constructor
      3)why we need copy constructor?
      4)why we need overloaded = operator?
      5)signature of overloaded = operator for a class?
      e.g. Myclass & operator =(const Myclass &)
      6)why & used in return type of = operator ?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aditi (Bellevue, WA) in August 2008.

Interview

Great interview. Interactive, engaging, out of the box questions and situations to talk about. It was more like a very engaging conversation. I did not feel like I was under the spotlight. I met with 2 managers, talked to the recruiter and once I got the offer letter, I had a detailed talk with HR where they explained every policy and every benefit and helped me pick what suited best to my family.

Interview Questions

• Aditi has been in this business for decades so they KNOW what they are talking about. The hardest questions to answer are actually the simplest ones, involving how we would tackle certain situations under pressure.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aditi (Redmond, WA) in February 2008.

Interview

I got to know about this opportunity of working for one of their prestigious client, Microsoft.
    I guess the staffing agency has some ready made technical questions to be asked to all potential candidates.
    In total there were around 6 questions, on C++ ,data structures & OS concepts.

Later I was called for a technical written test at Aditi's office.
    Before the test began , there was a presentation from HR about the profile of projects they are handling, various clients they work for, the current opportunities, employee benefits, etc.

Then there was a 30 min test of objective type on C, C++, data structures.
    Whoever could not clear their cutoff in this test are sent back.
    The rest are put to another written test. Here there were some 5 programming questions, to be completed in 1 hour.
    A sample question is about "implementing a stack in C++".

After the valuation of the answer scripts, the successful candidates are shortlisted for personal technical interviews.Since it was mass written test, there were some 20 successful candidates for the interview.
    They informed that interviews will be scheduled in next day and the timeslots will be personally intimated.

In personal technical interview, there were questions about data structures, aptitude questions, discussions on OS internals, etc.

Iam asked to wait for few minutes while they make a decision whether to proceed with next rounds.
    After 15 minutes or so, I was called for the next round , i.e HR round, where the work location, rules, company policy, salary details, employee benefits would be discussed.
    I had negotiated on offered salary and as soon as there was a mutual agreement on it, then an offer letter was prepared and another set of documents are handed over to me.
    i was asked to return offer acceptance letter by due date as indicated in the offer letter.

Technically the focus is more on data strcutres, implementation, OS concepts and internals.

Interview Questions

• Write logic for inorder traversal of a binary search tree without using recursion.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aditi (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Interview with CEO for a brief one hour conversation. Conversation was pleasant but there was little clarity about role or real priorities. CEO was pleasant and smart. I was asked to prepare some thoughts around a vague concept about a new market opportunity. He invited me to meet with his two primary Directors.

A few days later, I met with both of them and had a nice conversation but it did not feel good. There was a definite feeling of being an insiders club. Everyone I met was of Indian descent and there seemed to be an air of superiority in their demeanor and tone. I do not think I would have fit in this company.

Interview Questions

• Unstructured, conversation with some questions about experience and past roles.   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Interview

Met with manager, then another manager, then a VP, then a GM, then another manager, then Partner who was late.

Interview Questions

• How exactly and specifically will you achieve quota and who exactly are you going to target? Was asked to whiteboard this on spot.   Answer Question

Going through changes.

Solution Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aditi.

Interview

The interview was telephonic. Two members in the panel who asked various questions on the technology and also on the steps and approach on working with clients.

The interview went for close to 2 hours , interesting and focused.

Interview Questions

• What capabilities does SharePoint provide with respect to Search.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aditi (Bellevue, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

I initially had a call with a recruiter and PM who wanted to know both range of skills and any offshore experience on projects.

Interview Questions

• It was a fairly straight forward interview with no scenario-based questions or "what would you do if..." style questions - they wanted to understand basic skills, cross group work and working with offshore and/or disparate locations - v-teams etc.   Answer Question