Adknowledge Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Adknowledge

3.1

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Adknowledge (Kansas City, MO) in March 2012.

Interview

The first part was over the phone, where I was given some technical questions.
    This is how I got to make it to the next part. It was a one on one interview. There, I had to go through a long personality test. I had to answer many questions regarding my personality. I also had to do an activity where I had to select words describing my strengths and weaknesses. After that, I had to write a small algorithm on the board. The algorithim was to write a factorial function

Interview Questions

• write a factorial solving algorithm   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Adknowledge (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

1 background check phone screen;
    1 skill check phone screen;
    on-site interview includes 4 peoples. one by one, takes about 4 hours. 3 technical interviews and need writing on the white board, one is the character interview about some personal experiences in your life. People are kind there and the working environment is pretty open.

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Adknowledge (Kansas City, MO) in September 2009.

Interview

I was first contacted by an Adknowledge recruiter via a cold phone call. He described the job and the company a little bit, and asked me 5-10 screening questions.

After a couple days, the recruiter emailed me a "case study", which basically asks you to analyze a small data set, followed by a couple questions about your experience. In my opinion, the test was very poorly written, and the method they used was flawed.

After another couple days, the recruiter set up a phone conference with the hiring manager and another person on the team. The interview was in most part technical, and it was centered on my answers to the "case study". The hiring manager didn't sound very knowledgeable, he didn't understand the concept of randomization, and suggested that you can use plain linear regression when the response is binary. The other person sounded more knowledgeable, but his style was a little too intimidating to my liking.

After about a week, the recruiter contacted me again saying that they would like to fly me in to Kansas City for an onsite interview. The interview lasted about 4 hours, all with the hiring manager, and I can honestly say that it is unlike any other interview that I have ever been through. Basically, he just asks questions from a booklet, going in chronological order from high school to now. We went through high school, college and grad school in the first 1.5-2 hours. Some of the questions are like GPA, activities, awards, what I like and dislike about the school, high point and low point while in school, how I study, what I do in spare time/weekend/summer, what motivated me to get through school, who had the biggest influence on me while in school, and etc. After that, he gave me a piece of paper containing 50-60 words, and asks me to pick my 10 strength and weaknesses. A lot of those terms are ambiguous and many didn't apply to me (e.g. selecting A player). I had a very difficult time coming up with 10 strengths and didn't have enough time to get 10 weaknesses. After that, it was lunch with the team, which was the only portion of the interview that was technical; basically they asked some questions about what I did before. In the afternoon, the hiring manager asked questions about the jobs I have had. Some of the questions are, responsibility, title, salary, what I like and dislike about the company, high point and low point while there, how smart are the coworkers, what would my manager say my 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses are, what I think are my manager's 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses. After that, he asked about career goals, what I want to accomplish, and about 10 situational questions, which are in the format of, name a situation where I had to deal with this, and how I handled it. I think for half of those questions, I answered I never encountered such situation. In the end, the hiring manager told me that I will not get the job because I didn't answer many of his questions and a lot of my answers were vague.

I honestly don't know what the company was trying to gain from asking me all those questions, especially the educational portion, they are being really nosy by asking so much information and I don't see how they are related to the job. I don't know about other people, but I really didn't feel comfortable sharing that much personal information with someone that I just met. Also, some of the questions like low point in school, I really didn't have any significant failures while in school, so I just say I did badly in tests a few time, but apparently the hiring manager wasn't happy with my answer, and I really don't know what he was looking for.

I think the problem I had was that I was being too honest during the interview. If I don't know, don't remember or didn't encounter some situation and I would just say it, but since they want an answer for every question, you have to make something up. But then again, if lie is the only way to do well in the interview, I am not sure if this is the type of company that I want to work for.

One more thought, Adknowledge would not reimburse meals during the trip, which is quite unusual. When I asked the recruiter about this, he said the reason is that I would have to eat whether I come to the interview or not. In addition, he said people don't even ask for it because most people that come to interview are not working, and are happy to get the interview, and those that are working don't care about the extra $10-$30. What he said is true, but to say it out like that just made me feel that the company is cheap and trying to take advantage of the candidates. This together with the way they conduct the interview really make me wonder how they can attract top talents.

Interview Questions

• Select your 10 strength and 10 weaknesses from a piece of paper containing 50-60 terms.   1 Answer
    • Whare is the high point and low point during high school, college, grad school, and each of your jobs.   1 Answer
    • Rate on a scale of 1-10, the talent level at your company.   1 Answer
    • What are the 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses that your manager would say about you, and you would say about your manager.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you have to quickly adapt to a change of environment.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Adknowledge (Kansas City, MO) in July 2009.

Interview

Pretty straightforward but long. Several interviews in a day. Expect technical questions.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Adknowledge.

Interview

Standard Questions; Day long interview

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Adknowledge (New York, NY).

Interview

Questionaire, personality test, two interviews.
    Met with the CEO, met with the manager to be and his right hand.
    Personality test online, skills test twice.
    Once general knowledge of the industry, second actual test on calculating rates.
    Language test, they didn't speak the language so that was easy,
    Talked to HR over the phone, never met them.
    It was ok, good to meet the team. Relaxed environment.
    The whole process lasted over a month.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adknowledge (Kansas City, MO) in August 2011.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen from a recruiter, then an online questionnaire, one full day interview on site with multiple team members. We covered the online questions and had to complete a skills test and ranking exercise of my skills.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

The interviews are difficult and long. They do extensive case studies. A lot of hands on tests with Excel. Many detailed questions about my past work experience and jobs. I spent most of the time with a single person and then spent 30 minutes with 2 other people. Overall very through and I'm sure they hire only good people using this process.

Interview Questions

• Do a pivot table of some data in excel.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adknowledge (Kansas City, MO) in August 2008.

Interview

Interview is a convoluted process designed to understand every small item in your life from college through present time. They call base it off the book Top Grading. The core “threat” is they will call your old manager to see if your answers jive with reality. Turns out they never make reference calls, it is a hollow threat.

Take your time, make sure you are well rested and well fed, this is an all day affair.

Interview Questions

• What were you expecting in college/1st job/2nd job/3rd job/nth job and how did reality match those expectations? This continues time and time again.   Answer Question
    • What would your boss say are your three biggest strengths? Your three biggest weakness? List your top 10 strengths and your top 10 weaknesses.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Adknowledge (Kansas City, MO) in September 2010.

Interview

It was LOOOONNNNGGGGG. All day long. Spent most of the time discussing about behavioural and situational aspects of your personality

Interview Questions

• What are your key strengths and Weaknesses   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a situation where you performed in so and so way?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes.. Negotiate on the salary.