Adknowledge Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Adknowledge Interview Questions

3.2

Sales Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adknowledge (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and was called in to meet with the team. The initial interview went well and the person I talked to really liked me but when the team met me in person, I could tell the new person I met had no intention of bringing me on board after they saw me and they didn't try to hide that fact. I'll leave it at that. Besides that, they have you fill out a 7 page questionnaire that takes forever to fill out.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions over the phone. In person was asked the same questions repeatedly but phrased differently.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Adknowledge (Kansas City, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

This is one of the unpleasant interview process i ever went through.

At the end of the day I was not selected for the role because of the following reasons

* I didn't have skills which match what their tech stack was doing.
    * Secondly because of the top level executive who before even starting to interview me told me frankly I didn't fit their mold because I worked for big companies in the past.
    * Finally they're looking for Dev ops guru combined with Database tuning expert combined with skills working in the same mapreduce model they use for sending emails to their consumers.

Usually in an interview companies seems to account for adaptability as an Engineer to see how much change they have adapted to in the past but here they make decision purely off how much your skills aligned with their own technology.

I wish they had given a second phone screen so i didn't have to waste a full day on their onsite interview where I had zero chance from get go.

Even if they had given me an offer I don't think they would've matched my current compensation because in the onsite interview after hearing my current bonus i make the hiring manager said new hires aren't usually part of bonuses on first year and asked if i am okay with that.

As for specifics about onsite they had a round on mapreduce whose primary purpose was telling me that mapreduce models and real time processing I worked on using Apache Storm and Apache Kafka wasn't the way they setup their own model.

Another round on coding and caching questions which was the only one i enjoyed.

Another round with 2 devops guys one of them who never asked a question.

Final round was with the Top level executive.

Interview Questions

• Coin change problem. Given an amount break it into quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies.   1 Answer

Senior Linux Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Adknowledge (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process is pretty straight forward and similar to other companies. First you meet with the hiring manager then with the team without the manager and finally back with the hiring manager. You are allowed to ask any questions you want and with the team the manager encourages you to ask specifically about their management style and ability and you do receive honest feedback.

Interview Questions

• can you whiteboard a basic script to auto increment a number   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Adknowledge (Kansas City, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

The company is small and privately held but attempts to imitate the Google hiring process that an executive read about - case studies, huge questionnaire, personality tests, essays, panel interviews, etc. Overall, the process was a huge investment of time and much of it seemed not pertinent to the position. This may be effective for a large organization that understands what information it is trying to obtain through the process, but was not well executed here.

Interview Questions

• Rank your top 10 weaknesses. Provide examples from your work experience and how the behavior effected your performance for each. (It was explained during the interview that many people have canned answers for 3 items, but 10 really digs deep.)   1 Answer

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adknowledge in May 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with the hiring manager in May and the interview went very well. I was asked to come back for a second interview with the CEO and it seemed like his goal was to trip me up, ask a question that I couldn't possibly know the answer to.

Interview Questions

• If I am traveling out of the country how will you make sure I get to all of my meetings on time?   2 Answers

Account Manager Interview

Interview

The interviews are difficult and long. They do extensive case studies. A lot of hands on tests with Excel. Many detailed questions about my past work experience and jobs. I spent most of the time with a single person and then spent 30 minutes with 2 other people. Overall very through and I'm sure they hire only good people using this process.

Interview Questions

• Do a pivot table of some data in excel.   1 Answer

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Adknowledge (Fort Myers, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

One of the best interviews I have ever been on. They didn’t ask a single stereotypical interview question, we spoke entirely about the industry, data management techniques, and traffic. I went in prepared with a few years of industry experience so they were able to ask interesting questions and let me ramble on about technical details that would normally put people to sleep.

I was contacted by HR, phone interview with hiring manager, completed a case study, and flew out to Ft. Myers.

Interview Questions

• The case study had a few ambiguous questions intended to demonstrate the thought process.   3 Answers

I am very disappointed I had to decline for personal reasons but I fully endorse Adknowledge and look forward to working with them in the future.

New Ventures Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adknowledge.

Interview

phone interview after a recruiter within the company reached out to me on LinkedIn. This lead to a phone interview with the hiring manager and then an in person interview with the manager and team members. Offer came within 2 days of in-person interview

Interview Questions

• Do you want to specifically work at this company or are you trying to get out of your previous company?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Adknowledge.

Interview

Standard Questions; Day long interview

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Adknowledge (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

1 background check phone screen;
    1 skill check phone screen;
    on-site interview includes 4 peoples. one by one, takes about 4 hours. 3 technical interviews and need writing on the white board, one is the character interview about some personal experiences in your life. People are kind there and the working environment is pretty open.