Adobe Interview Questions in California | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter who contacted me on Linkden and then she forwarded my resume to hiring managers who requested that I have a technical interview. The technical interview went about 30 minutes and they asked me to come to their headquaters

Interview Questions

• Write a binary tree class and do a breadth first search.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Adobe (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I dropped my resume at Adobe at a university career fair and got an on-campus interview the next day morning. A senior software engineer interviewed me, he was easy to chat with and seemed prepared for the interview. I didn't expect that the interview does not involve any algorithmic questions (which I spent a night preparing), but with four system-design-like questions. It took a week to know they decided to move on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How to implement a semaphore with mutex?
      How does a mobile app obtain data from server?
      Write a SQL query to get some attribute from some table?
      How to move and rotate a window from one state to another?
      Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Initially, you will have a generic HR screening. Then for the second round, you will have a phone interview with two people one being a consultant manager and another person who is a lead on the team. The manager will get a feel for your technical background and the lead will ask you STAR based situation questions. The final round consists of you flying out to San Francisco to their office unless you live there already. There were 12 candidates and you had three more interviews one with a consultant manager, senior architect lead and a technical consultant themselves. The consultant manager and technical consultant will ask you technical questions. You will solve code and explain what's going on. (Java and Java script) The questions are not entirely difficult. If you look over syntax and rules for them you'll be fine. The Senior Architect will ask three business questions that are real life-based. You will have to study up the adobe marketing cloud to fully answer these questions. Make sure you do your homework.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with a difficult person who didn't pull their weight. How did things work out?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Went to my college's career fair, talked with a representative, gave her my resume, and got a call back from her that night for an on campus interview the next day. The interview lasted 30 minutes on the dot. First 10 minutes was two coding questions (I wrote my code down on paper while the interviewer watched my thinking process). The rest of the time was discussing my previous internship experience and projects.

Interview Questions

• 1. Find a string in an unsorted array of strings.
      2. Search for a string in a sorted array of strings.

Your solution can be coded in any language you choose.
      2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

On-Campus Interview gotten through going to on-campus engineering career fair and speaking with recruiter at booth. Received phone call to schedule an on-campus interview for the next day. 30 minutes long nothing especially technical.

Adobes Sales Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Recruiter got in contact through LinkedIn and had 2 phone interviews after one with the same recruiter and the other one with the hiring manager of the San Francisco office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time that you demonstrated you can be coachable?   Answer Question

Senior Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn for a different position, recruiter reached out and suggested a new position which was open for last 3+ months. The 2 phone screens included a call with manager and a technical coding challenge. I was invited on-site and had 4 more interviews . Each interview was 30 min long and discussed one small coding problem which was too easy.

Adobe Sales Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (Chico, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I got in contact with a young girl who just got out of college to do the initial phone screen. We had the interview and I thought that I was the most prepared I have ever been for an interview. Turns out they have a lot of pressure to hire women and I believe that may be why I did not move forward in the interview process.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Terribly unprofessional process. I applied, interviewed via phone (2x), and was brought onsite only to be told 6 weeks later that they changed the scope of the role and hired another candidate. Six months later, they reposted the role so I applied again and went directly to the onsite interview. Again, after not hearing for a few weeks, I reached out to the recruiter for a status update. She replied and said they wanted to bring me back in for another onsite, but then replied a day later saying "sorry, that email was meant for someone else!" So unprofessional. I never actually received a formal rejection email but I pretty much got the hint at that point. I've actually seen them repost the same job a third time now, which leads me to believe the team cannot a) hire someone or b) keep someone in that role for very long. The whole experience has shown me that this is not an organization I want to recruit for.

Interview Questions

• Asked about volume of interviews/candidates I sourced/coordinated on a regular basis   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Went through several rounds of interview
     met with director and sr. Directors. It looked everything went well but then never heard back from HR after that even after several follow-ups. It is shameful that a company that pretends to encourage engagement with customers can not follow its own advice.