Adobe Computer Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 12, 2017

3.3

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was a part of the internship fair. They had me send in a resume which they printed 20+ copies of (black and white). The room was set up similarly to a career fair, a different team at each table. I spent the first day distributing resumes and pitching myself (be prepared to do so). Then the teams are rated by you, and you are rated by the teams. Some mysterious process occurs in which mutual highly rated matches were set up for interviews on Day 2. I interviewed with 3 teams. One of the three teams presented me a technical questions in the form of a programming assignment. Another of the three teams asked me general technical questions. The last only asked me behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a string and a list of valid words, determine if the string can be broken up perfectly into a sequence of valid words.   1 Answer
  • What is one struggle that was difficult for you to overcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a pretty low rate. I only had to mention my higher offer and it was immediately granted.

Other Interview Reviews for Adobe

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screening by a hiring manager. Then he set up a site interview at once. I met 4 development engineer and 1 QA manager. 1 hour per person. All of them are very nice.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Recruited by a colleague with whom I worked at a previous employer. Initial phone screen by hiring manager, followed by a full day of in-person interviews, 30-45 minutes each, 9 total, including the head of HR and the Director of Engineering (reported to COO). They bought me lunch on site and gave me a tour of the campus.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions and none that stood out as difficult. Pretty standard behavior, goals and strength/weaknesses type questions. Some programming quiz type questions, like, describe how you would synchronize the classic one-lane bridge problem: What's the shared resource? How would you make the scheduler fair? What data structure would you use to maintain the arrival order of cars waiting to enter the bridge?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I'm a tough negotiator and so were they. I asked for the moon in salary, they, very professionally, said no without any beating around the bush, which I appreciated, and countered with an overall compensation package, which included profit sharing bonuses, equity, and 401k matching.

Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

contacted by recruiter via linked in.
    had 3 interviews, mostly average questions about pass experiences and what not. there is a bit of coding but not too hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Adobe (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Below is the process, which I had gone through.

1. 3 technical round (1 hr)
    2. Director round (1 hr)
    3. Programming round (Assignment will be give)
    4. Senior Architect round (1 hr)

I was called for direct interview. The first 3 technical rounds were gotten over by the same day itself. I was told that feedback of mine is positive and I will be called for Director round some other day.

After 5 days, I was called for the Director round, seems he was happy too and he said HR will get back to you.

After 10 days, i got a call from HR that I have to take up one more programming round followed by telephonic round with an Architect.

Interview Questions

• Explain about your project and role? Almost all the projects that you have mentioned in the resume, you will be asked to explain clearly. They expect you to be good at what you have done or what you have mentioned in the resume. Prepare thoroughly.
      How to check the expression is balanced or not?
      Implement stack and implement undo-redo feature using Stack?
      Java multithreading questions?
      Executors?
      Generics?
      Micro Services and some examples?
      Design patters? Factory Pattern, Abstract Factory Pattern, Builder Pattern, Visitor Pattern
      Where did you use in design patters your project and explain?
      Which is your innovating idea, any hackthon idea?
      Take one of your old projects and if you are asked to develop it now, how will you design and which technologies will you choose and why? (Interesting question)
      Spring boot?
      Design a state machine and explain its each phase? (1 hour question) It is kind of interactive problem solving round, you are allowed to ask any clarifications.
      Do you have any pattern? Do you publish any tech papers? Any blog? What is your contribution to stackover-flow?   Answer Question

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Adobe (Noida (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

One online screening round.
    4 F2F rounds consisting of Puzzles, problem solving, DS & algos and design patterns. Result was declared after 2 days. Very smooth interview process, great interviewers. Loved the whole process. Much better experience than amazon.

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Adobe (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Senior people are not even interested in interviewing. It feels like they are forced to take interviews. This company has lots of non performing HRs and Recruiters. Hopefully you don't go through them. Interacting with interviewers and HRs I got the sense, people who are more keen towards technology and want to learn in early stages, should refrain joining this company.

Interview Questions

• Distance of a point from a line.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

I was supposed to go through 4 technical rounds. But unfortunately I didn't clear the first one itself.
    He asked about my background and my current role followed by two data structures questions. First one was based on the array and BST and second was based on the bit stream.

Interview Questions

• 1. Given an empty BST consist of n nodes and and an array consist of n numbers.
      The n nodes in a BST have been already arranged in some fashion(i.e. the BST is not empty), and none of the nodes in BST are having any data, that means we have to pick the n numbers from the given array and have to fill in the given BST.
       We have to make sure that the structure of the BST doesn't change. That means all the left subtree and right subtree at any given node should not change at all.

2. We have a function which returns a value among {1, 0, -1}. When the function returns -1 that means
      we have to terminate. we have to keep on calling this function and till we get -1. this means we will get series of 1's and 0's which we have to treat like bit pattern and has to check whether the given number is divisible by 3 or not. for e.g. the function call returns the below output.

101-1=> 101 => it's a 5 which is not divisible by 3.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I was recently interviewed at Adobe Bangalore. I applied through their careers portal. I was called for a F2F interview. I was asked to come at 11 AM. Though it started at 1 PM. The interviewer was not at all polite. He was so rude and literally scolding for wrong answers. The first round mostly was around multi threading and design patterns. And immediately followed the second round. I was asked to design and implement a dependency management solution in java. After the second round i was asked to leave for the day as it was already close to 5 PM. Later the HR did not get back to me. And when i had called him to know the feedback of 2nd F2F interview, he told he will give me an update in a couple of hours time. Two weeks have passed by and not heard of anything from them. For some reason i though that adobe does not have a good recruitment team. There were no proper responses before, during and after the interview process.

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

(Aptitude + Programming) test on hackerrank(90 minutes) : 30 questions containing 5 programming questions(like check if number is palindrome etc) and 25 aptitude questions(like CAT exam)

Two online rounds: Very easy questions that I don't want to disclose(otherwise you will under-prepare :) ). More than half of the interviews were to introduce their team

4 rounds in Office:
    ------------------------
    1st round: simple questions where interviewer asked me to write brute-force approach and wanted to check if I can code :). Also asked some system/os specific questions like where assembler fits in compilation, how OS written in C(chicken-egg problem) etc
    2nd round: Checked about all my projects written in resume and some very simple OO questions
    3rd round(Hiring Mgr): Information about team and group
    4th Round(Hiring Mr): Two DS/Algo questions: DP and HashTable/BST related

Finally they offered me slightly higher than what other company was offering(They had claimed some good compensation initially)

Very good experience from their engineering team but very bad experience from their recruiters

Interview Questions

• Check if linked list is palindrome, search for string in file with brute force method, Fibonacci using static function etc   Answer Question