Adobe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Adobe Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

2 phone interview and a two hour in person interview. The overall process was smooth, with basic questions in the first couple calls which led to an in person interview

Interview Questions

• In-person was challenging depending on the interviewer. Questions range from math to critical thinking formula solving   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

First interview was behavioral with a recruiter, they asked basic questions about my resume and what projects I have worked on. Second interview was more technical with a current software developer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Adobe (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I dropped my resume at Adobe at a university career fair and got an on-campus interview the next day morning. A senior software engineer interviewed me, he was easy to chat with and seemed prepared for the interview. I didn't expect that the interview does not involve any algorithmic questions (which I spent a night preparing), but with four system-design-like questions. It took a week to know they decided to move on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How to implement a semaphore with mutex?
      How does a mobile app obtain data from server?
      Write a SQL query to get some attribute from some table?
      How to move and rotate a window from one state to another?
      Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I recently completed (and flunked) the interview process for a Senior Engineer on the Adobe Xd team and thought it might be worthwhile to recap the experience for other candidates who may be coming down the pipeline.

Adobe's Xd team has team members spread out all over the U.S. (and at least one in Europe), but the manager's overall goal is to consolidate new members into the San Francisco office. Adobe's main San Francisco office is located in a former warehouse a few blocks away from the Caltrain station and it's been renovated & remodeled very beautifully. I actually used to work for Adobe on a different team at this building years before, so it was nice to see how the space has been fixed up. The first floor lunch room, for example, was recently expanded to be much larger than it was in previous years (this might be because Adobe has started adding additional office space in buildings surrounding and nearby the 601 Townsend location, which was Adobe's original outpost in SF, set up after Adobe acquired Macromedia and their Flash product). One down side is that the newer cubicles are all half height variety, meaning that there's no privacy and not too much ability to concentrate on what's on the screen in front of you when exciting things are happening in a cube or two away.

The way my interview day was set up was that I met a collection of other Senior Software Engineers with at least one junior member and the hiring manager thrown into the mix. The day was scheduled from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. While my first couple discussions went relatively smoothly, I ran into trouble in the afternoon (after lunch) when I started getting asked grad school level algorithm questions. While none of these were really Google-level tricky, my interview nerves switched to "frantic" and I ended up torpedoing my own candidacy. At least I was able to take notes and the questions I was asked are recapped below.

Hopefully my notes will help you to prepare for, and pass, your interview day! If you find them useful, don't forget to click the "helpful?" link below. This helps motivate me to be as detailed as possible in my interview recaps. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Imagine you have only two eggs and a 100 story building in front of you. Describe an algorithm (or technique) to minimize the number of throws (or tries) to determine where the egg will start to break when thrown off the building. If the egg breaks when thrown from that floor, it will always break from that floor or higher (i.e. all eggs have the same results per floor; they break or they don't).   2 Answers
    • Given exactly one drawing API (e.g. "drawPoint(x, y)"), describe how you would draw the shortest line between points A & B.   1 Answer
    • Given any number, describe an algorithm that increments that number enough to turn the result into a number palindrome (i.e. reads the same left to right and right to left). That is, an input of 1000 would have a palindrome output of 1001. 9019 would have an output of 9119. If the input is already a palindrome, find the next highest palindrome.   1 Answer
    • imagine you're given an array of pairs representing the currently scheduled appointment / meeting times and durations of various team members (e.g. [7, 8.5], [1,2], [2,4], [2,5], [14, 15]). The first number in each pair is the start time, the second number is the end time of that team member's meeting.

Write an algorithm to reduce this down to an array which represents the overall team availability (where the entire team would be available).
      1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Went to my college's career fair, talked with a representative, gave her my resume, and got a call back from her that night for an on campus interview the next day. The interview lasted 30 minutes on the dot. First 10 minutes was two coding questions (I wrote my code down on paper while the interviewer watched my thinking process). The rest of the time was discussing my previous internship experience and projects.

Interview Questions

• 1. Find a string in an unsorted array of strings.
      2. Search for a string in a sorted array of strings.

Your solution can be coded in any language you choose.
      2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

On-Campus Interview gotten through going to on-campus engineering career fair and speaking with recruiter at booth. Received phone call to schedule an on-campus interview for the next day. 30 minutes long nothing especially technical.

Adobes Sales Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Recruiter got in contact through LinkedIn and had 2 phone interviews after one with the same recruiter and the other one with the hiring manager of the San Francisco office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time that you demonstrated you can be coachable?   Answer Question

Senior Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn for a different position, recruiter reached out and suggested a new position which was open for last 3+ months. The 2 phone screens included a call with manager and a technical coding challenge. I was invited on-site and had 4 more interviews . Each interview was 30 min long and discussed one small coding problem which was too easy.

Senior Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

Bad unprofessional behavior from recruiters. I went through referral. My friend referred my profile and recruiter from adobe contacted me. I gave my availability and I postponed one of my interview as recruiter confirmed that I will be getting call on that week. Then introduced other guy who would be coordinating my interview. But after that no reply, no interview call for 3 weeks. They did not even reply to my followup mail.

Client Integration Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

Applied for the position through Glassdoor and recruiting process was very unprofessional and sporadic. Several times I was scheduled for a basic recruiter phone screen either to have the recruiter fail to call or be 30-45 minutes late. This happened several times over the course of 2 weeks. When I finally talked to the recruiter and performed a technical screen I was asked to come in for an in person interview. I receive an email at the start of the week informing me that my in person interview would be tentative for Thursday. I never receive confirmation despite asking for an update to better plan for taking a day off at my current job. Thursday goes by and then on Friday I get an email at 5 PM saying that my interview is scheduled for Monday even though I had specifically requested not to interview on a Monday. A very unpleasant experience.