Adobe Computers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Adobe Computers Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn for a different position, recruiter reached out and suggested a new position which was open for last 3+ months. The 2 phone screens included a call with manager and a technical coding challenge. I was invited on-site and had 4 more interviews . Each interview was 30 min long and discussed one small coding problem which was too easy.

Senior Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

Bad unprofessional behavior from recruiters. I went through referral. My friend referred my profile and recruiter from adobe contacted me. I gave my availability and I postponed one of my interview as recruiter confirmed that I will be getting call on that week. Then introduced other guy who would be coordinating my interview. But after that no reply, no interview call for 3 weeks. They did not even reply to my followup mail.

Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Process took 3 months to start, then the actual interview process was about 1 week.

I was in contact with a recruiter for about 3 months. I wanted iOS so it took awhile because they don't seem to have much mobile intern stuff. Once I was passed to a hiring manager, I was contacted within a week. They got to me within a day I think, set me up with another interview. My first interview was with a manager (not super technical), she asked me about my experience and projects. She then asked me some questions about where the programming languages I've used fall in complexity compared to others. (eg. C# is higher level than C++). She then asked me how languages I've used would translate to the project at hand.

For my second interview, I talked to a tech person. He was really good about asking me questions that related to my background (I'm not computer science). Sometimes in interviews with other companies, I'll tell the interviewers I'm not computer science and then they will proceed to ask me to program a data structure or something. Adobe actually asked me questions that applied to the project and my background, rather than arbitrary concepts. I feel like this shows maturity because they were checking if I was qualified for the job rather than whether or not I've memorized how to recurse a binary tree. Anyways, he asked me questions about OOP design and systems design. He then had me design the system and general interface for the system I was to build. This system had to do with a mobile client and multiple back-end APIs.

I think within a day of the second interview I was scheduled for a third. For my third interview, I went into a video conference with the team I would be on. They were good about asking me tech questions that had to do with the project and my background. They asked me about past projects and the concepts I've used. They asked me to write a program that generated a path given an array of points, then display that generated path on a UIView (this was for iOS). Most of the questions were about my background and then they would ask me specific questions to see if I really knew what I said I knew.

A couple hours after the third interview I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a singleton?   1 Answer
    • Design a system that does image processing on a server and interfaces with a mobile phone.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Totally forgot to, I regret that though

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was a part of the internship fair. They had me send in a resume which they printed 20+ copies of (black and white). The room was set up similarly to a career fair, a different team at each table. I spent the first day distributing resumes and pitching myself (be prepared to do so). Then the teams are rated by you, and you are rated by the teams. Some mysterious process occurs in which mutual highly rated matches were set up for interviews on Day 2. I interviewed with 3 teams. One of the three teams presented me a technical questions in the form of a programming assignment. Another of the three teams asked me general technical questions. The last only asked me behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a string and a list of valid words, determine if the string can be broken up perfectly into a sequence of valid words.   1 Answer
    • What is one struggle that was difficult for you to overcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a pretty low rate. I only had to mention my higher offer and it was immediately granted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screening by a hiring manager. Then he set up a site interview at once. I met 4 development engineer and 1 QA manager. 1 hour per person. All of them are very nice.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Recruited by a colleague with whom I worked at a previous employer. Initial phone screen by hiring manager, followed by a full day of in-person interviews, 30-45 minutes each, 9 total, including the head of HR and the Director of Engineering (reported to COO). They bought me lunch on site and gave me a tour of the campus.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions and none that stood out as difficult. Pretty standard behavior, goals and strength/weaknesses type questions. Some programming quiz type questions, like, describe how you would synchronize the classic one-lane bridge problem: What's the shared resource? How would you make the scheduler fair? What data structure would you use to maintain the arrival order of cars waiting to enter the bridge?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I'm a tough negotiator and so were they. I asked for the moon in salary, they, very professionally, said no without any beating around the bush, which I appreciated, and countered with an overall compensation package, which included profit sharing bonuses, equity, and 401k matching.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Standard interview process. Algorithms, Quetions on past experiences and work. Questions on previous project. Why do i want to work for adobe. I cant write 30 words , i have beeen counting for a while now.

Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

contacted by recruiter via linked in.
    had 3 interviews, mostly average questions about pass experiences and what not. there is a bit of coding but not too hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by Recruiter in Feb-2011 and she arranged phone interview with Flash Access group, the manager spoke with me for 30 minutes and later they arranged 1:1 interview with 7 engineers/leads/managers one after the other (each 45 minutes), It went pretty well and I was called for second round where I just met with the Senior Manager of the group for 45 minutes, he asked me basic questions and then HR person spoke about benefits and policies and how they would move forward.

The Senior manager said it would take 2-3 weeks to make decision and everything is POSITIVE, nothing wrong with the interview or my skills so I was very positive, on the same day HR lady called me and discussed if I have other offers and salary etc. I gave all the details and she said we need to fasten the process and get you on board as soon as possible, she took 45 minutes to explain policies and benefits once again. At that time I thought it would take 1 week's time to receive final offer. But after a week HR lady called and said that there is one urgent higher management meeting and that would decide about this position, meanwhile I kept my other offers on hold to see what happens here again after few days she called and asked to wait for few more days. I kept my fingers crossed even though I sensed something fishy in this matter but did not ask anything to HR.

Later after 1 week I asked as I had to make decision on my other offers and she replied that sorry that management has decided to move this position to some other group in SF and she said they are too bummed about this and blah blah....

I am not disappointed because technically I cleared the interview and almost got the offer but the part which pisses me off is, how can such a huge corporate make such a lame decision and waste candidates time for 2 1:1 interview (of 7-8 hours total where I took day off for an interview) and the height is, they don't tell you the outcome of the disastrous management decision unless you ask them. The management and HR ppl are jerk in Adobe. And worst part is, this process took well over 2 months since HR contacted initially.

Even the interview questions were so lame, I was wondering how come Adobe employees ask such a straight forward (even school pass-out can answer) type questions for 7+ yrs exp person for Senior Computer Scientist position. Isn't it pathetic. One of the engineer asked me to reverse a linked list, come on give me a break, this question is not even asked to recent school pass outs.

I am disappointed because I wasted my time and did not get satisfaction of solving difficult problems in interview (because all questions were piece of cake). Hope this review helps.

Pardon me for the typo errors. :)

Interview Questions

• No difficult question asked   1 Answer

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Adobe (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Senior people are not even interested in interviewing. It feels like they are forced to take interviews. This company has lots of non performing HRs and Recruiters. Hopefully you don't go through them. Interacting with interviewers and HRs I got the sense, people who are more keen towards technology and want to learn in early stages, should refrain joining this company.

Interview Questions

• Distance of a point from a line.   1 Answer