Adobe Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Adobe Scientist Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn for a different position, recruiter reached out and suggested a new position which was open for last 3+ months. The 2 phone screens included a call with manager and a technical coding challenge. I was invited on-site and had 4 more interviews . Each interview was 30 min long and discussed one small coding problem which was too easy.

Senior Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

Bad unprofessional behavior from recruiters. I went through referral. My friend referred my profile and recruiter from adobe contacted me. I gave my availability and I postponed one of my interview as recruiter confirmed that I will be getting call on that week. Then introduced other guy who would be coordinating my interview. But after that no reply, no interview call for 3 weeks. They did not even reply to my followup mail.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was a part of the internship fair. They had me send in a resume which they printed 20+ copies of (black and white). The room was set up similarly to a career fair, a different team at each table. I spent the first day distributing resumes and pitching myself (be prepared to do so). Then the teams are rated by you, and you are rated by the teams. Some mysterious process occurs in which mutual highly rated matches were set up for interviews on Day 2. I interviewed with 3 teams. One of the three teams presented me a technical questions in the form of a programming assignment. Another of the three teams asked me general technical questions. The last only asked me behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a string and a list of valid words, determine if the string can be broken up perfectly into a sequence of valid words.   1 Answer
    • What is one struggle that was difficult for you to overcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a pretty low rate. I only had to mention my higher offer and it was immediately granted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screening by a hiring manager. Then he set up a site interview at once. I met 4 development engineer and 1 QA manager. 1 hour per person. All of them are very nice.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe in February 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and was very flexible with setting up date for a technical phone interview. The interview was for 45 mins. The interviewer introduced himself and asked some questions about my research. This was followed by a programming question.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me to code an iterative and recursive solution to a simple mathematical series problem and then asked me to improve the complexity of the recursive solution.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

I sent resume from career fair on campus, and the recruiter reached me back in two days. Then After a phone call from recruiter we assigned a phone interview a week later (Jan 22nd). I have not heard back from them yet. Still in progress.

Interview Questions

• Generate all valid parentheses pairs of a given number of parentheses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process includes a phone screening, two phone interviews and finally an onsite interview. The basic phone screening was just causal talk with the recruiter about my background and the job's responsibility, nothing technical. Then the two phone interviews were both technical. One emphasized on statistics, another one focused on coding. The onsite interview was a little longer compared to other top companies. I was interviewed by 7 people back to back, from engineers, data scientists to VP. The interviewers were nice and professional.

The overall experience is great. Adobe were the most generous company in term of travel compensation. They offered nice Hilton Hotel in downtown San Jose (walking distance to the interview site) as accommodation, $100 daily reimbursement for meals, and of course all the transportation expenses are covered. You will enjoy dealing with them!

Interview Questions

• I cannot reveal the questions I got asked. But here's some that has very similar flavor:
      1) Check if an integer is a palindrome (do not convert the integer to string)
      2) Given 2 sorted arrays of integers, code to find a number from each array such that their sum are closest to some integer K?
      3) What is the degree of freedom for lasso?
      2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online, had a couple phone screen (background chat & coding) with the hiring manager and a machine learning scientist, went onsite to San Jose office.

In case you haven't heard about it, Adobe is also in the marketing cloud business now. And so that's probably why they're hiring a bit more of people in data science. I was interviewed with one of such team. The overall scheduling and interviews are well arranged. A mixture of coding, statistics and modeling problems are tested. I wish there was timely feedback after all the interviews were done.

Interview Questions

• some high level idea of the real-world-ish problems they're solving   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Recruited by a colleague with whom I worked at a previous employer. Initial phone screen by hiring manager, followed by a full day of in-person interviews, 30-45 minutes each, 9 total, including the head of HR and the Director of Engineering (reported to COO). They bought me lunch on site and gave me a tour of the campus.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions and none that stood out as difficult. Pretty standard behavior, goals and strength/weaknesses type questions. Some programming quiz type questions, like, describe how you would synchronize the classic one-lane bridge problem: What's the shared resource? How would you make the scheduler fair? What data structure would you use to maintain the arrival order of cars waiting to enter the bridge?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I'm a tough negotiator and so were they. I asked for the moon in salary, they, very professionally, said no without any beating around the bush, which I appreciated, and countered with an overall compensation package, which included profit sharing bonuses, equity, and 401k matching.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Standard interview process. Algorithms, Quetions on past experiences and work. Questions on previous project. Why do i want to work for adobe. I cant write 30 words , i have beeen counting for a while now.