Adobe Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 2, 2017

3.1

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

A friend referred me for the position. The recruiter set up two phone screens. One for Statistics and one for coding. Got the invitation for onsite the next week. I interviewed at San Jose.

Interview Questions

• Create confidence intervals for finite sampled population   Answer Question
    • Logistic Regression vs Collaborative Filtering for Large Scale Categorical Variable output regression with a large number of features   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had an interview with four interviewees in a row for 30 mins each. It was on-site 1-1 interview. They were very kind and chill! Definitely, working environment looks awesome.

Interview Questions

• Explain about correlation colored plot and make a story about a plot drawn on a white board. Also, technical questions were about data structure in Python/R and modeling experiences.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe in February 2017.

Interview

I was recommended by a company member. The member talks to me first and asks me some backgrounds. Then he said to me that he would contact me in a week. After one week, two research data scientists contact me and ask me some technical questions including my research topics, statistics, and coding techniques. The process is technical but I think they care more about research ability.

Interview Questions

• Q1: tell about your research topics and what is the difference between your methods and classic methods   1 Answer
    • Q2: What kind of coding language you use in handling large-scale dataset.   1 Answer

Senior Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn for a different position, recruiter reached out and suggested a new position which was open for last 3+ months. The 2 phone screens included a call with manager and a technical coding challenge. I was invited on-site and had 4 more interviews . Each interview was 30 min long and discussed one small coding problem which was too easy.

Senior Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

Bad unprofessional behavior from recruiters. I went through referral. My friend referred my profile and recruiter from adobe contacted me. I gave my availability and I postponed one of my interview as recruiter confirmed that I will be getting call on that week. Then introduced other guy who would be coordinating my interview. But after that no reply, no interview call for 3 weeks. They did not even reply to my followup mail.

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was a part of the internship fair. They had me send in a resume which they printed 20+ copies of (black and white). The room was set up similarly to a career fair, a different team at each table. I spent the first day distributing resumes and pitching myself (be prepared to do so). Then the teams are rated by you, and you are rated by the teams. Some mysterious process occurs in which mutual highly rated matches were set up for interviews on Day 2. I interviewed with 3 teams. One of the three teams presented me a technical questions in the form of a programming assignment. Another of the three teams asked me general technical questions. The last only asked me behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a string and a list of valid words, determine if the string can be broken up perfectly into a sequence of valid words.   1 Answer
    • What is one struggle that was difficult for you to overcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a pretty low rate. I only had to mention my higher offer and it was immediately granted.

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screening by a hiring manager. Then he set up a site interview at once. I met 4 development engineer and 1 QA manager. 1 hour per person. All of them are very nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a 4-5 hour interview process after a presentation to a team of 15. i was interviewed by several teams and team heads. Was asked to solve problems on the board related to econometrics, data and R. I had to make a presentation about my PhD thesis. Quite a rigorous interview and daunting processes

Interview Questions

• Difference between logit and probit models.   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe in February 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and was very flexible with setting up date for a technical phone interview. The interview was for 45 mins. The interviewer introduced himself and asked some questions about my research. This was followed by a programming question.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me to code an iterative and recursive solution to a simple mathematical series problem and then asked me to improve the complexity of the recursive solution.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

I sent resume from career fair on campus, and the recruiter reached me back in two days. Then After a phone call from recruiter we assigned a phone interview a week later (Jan 22nd). I have not heard back from them yet. Still in progress.

Interview Questions

• Generate all valid parentheses pairs of a given number of parentheses.   Answer Question