Adobe Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone screen, who set me up for calls with design managers of two different teams. I was rejected from the first team, but referred to the second team design manager. It was a very efficient process and the recruiter was responsive. During the interview, I could sense that they found interest in my design projects and my process for how I arrived at certain design decisions. Overall, I really enjoyed Adobe's approach to hiring designers: nothing extremely stressful/take-home design exercises, very relaxed and conversational, and curious about what motivates each designer to create the work that they do. Each phone call was standard and heavily focused on myself as an individual and my portfolio. Compared to many of my interviews for design internship in which recruiters seemed to only glance briefly at my work, my interviews with Adobe really stood out to me because each design manager expressed genuine interest and curiosity.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you learned from this project?   1 Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Initially, you will have a generic HR screening. Then for the second round, you will have a phone interview with two people one being a consultant manager and another person who is a lead on the team. The manager will get a feel for your technical background and the lead will ask you STAR based situation questions. The final round consists of you flying out to San Francisco to their office unless you live there already. There were 12 candidates and you had three more interviews one with a consultant manager, senior architect lead and a technical consultant themselves. The consultant manager and technical consultant will ask you technical questions. You will solve code and explain what's going on. (Java and Java script) The questions are not entirely difficult. If you look over syntax and rules for them you'll be fine. The Senior Architect will ask three business questions that are real life-based. You will have to study up the adobe marketing cloud to fully answer these questions. Make sure you do your homework.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with a difficult person who didn't pull their weight. How did things work out?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I recently completed (and flunked) the interview process for a Senior Engineer on the Adobe Xd team and thought it might be worthwhile to recap the experience for other candidates who may be coming down the pipeline.

Adobe's Xd team has team members spread out all over the U.S. (and at least one in Europe), but the manager's overall goal is to consolidate new members into the San Francisco office. Adobe's main San Francisco office is located in a former warehouse a few blocks away from the Caltrain station and it's been renovated & remodeled very beautifully. I actually used to work for Adobe on a different team at this building years before, so it was nice to see how the space has been fixed up. The first floor lunch room, for example, was recently expanded to be much larger than it was in previous years (this might be because Adobe has started adding additional office space in buildings surrounding and nearby the 601 Townsend location, which was Adobe's original outpost in SF, set up after Adobe acquired Macromedia and their Flash product). One down side is that the newer cubicles are all half height variety, meaning that there's no privacy and not too much ability to concentrate on what's on the screen in front of you when exciting things are happening in a cube or two away.

The way my interview day was set up was that I met a collection of other Senior Software Engineers with at least one junior member and the hiring manager thrown into the mix. The day was scheduled from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. While my first couple discussions went relatively smoothly, I ran into trouble in the afternoon (after lunch) when I started getting asked grad school level algorithm questions. While none of these were really Google-level tricky, my interview nerves switched to "frantic" and I ended up torpedoing my own candidacy. At least I was able to take notes and the questions I was asked are recapped below.

Hopefully my notes will help you to prepare for, and pass, your interview day! If you find them useful, don't forget to click the "helpful?" link below. This helps motivate me to be as detailed as possible in my interview recaps. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Imagine you have only two eggs and a 100 story building in front of you. Describe an algorithm (or technique) to minimize the number of throws (or tries) to determine where the egg will start to break when thrown off the building. If the egg breaks when thrown from that floor, it will always break from that floor or higher (i.e. all eggs have the same results per floor; they break or they don't).   2 Answers
    • Given exactly one drawing API (e.g. "drawPoint(x, y)"), describe how you would draw the shortest line between points A & B.   1 Answer
    • Given any number, describe an algorithm that increments that number enough to turn the result into a number palindrome (i.e. reads the same left to right and right to left). That is, an input of 1000 would have a palindrome output of 1001. 9019 would have an output of 9119. If the input is already a palindrome, find the next highest palindrome.   2 Answers
    • imagine you're given an array of pairs representing the currently scheduled appointment / meeting times and durations of various team members (e.g. [7, 8.5], [1,2], [2,4], [2,5], [14, 15]). The first number in each pair is the start time, the second number is the end time of that team member's meeting.

Write an algorithm to reduce this down to an array which represents the overall team availability (where the entire team would be available).   1 Answer

Adobes Sales Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Recruiter got in contact through LinkedIn and had 2 phone interviews after one with the same recruiter and the other one with the hiring manager of the San Francisco office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time that you demonstrated you can be coachable?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Went through several rounds of interview
     met with director and sr. Directors. It looked everything went well but then never heard back from HR after that even after several follow-ups. It is shameful that a company that pretends to encourage engagement with customers can not follow its own advice.

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Adobe (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Huge time waster. Adobe is the type of place that doesn't care if wasting 2 months of your time with no offer or reason is a bad karma move.

Adobe has pulled this move so many times and gotten away with it they're emboldened to keep doing it.

Big difference is between director level and managerial level at Adobe. Directors will have far more experience, where as managers are painfully junior. Unfortunately, the junior types run the show and will decide if you work there or not, leaving the director-level looking mostly helpless in the process.

HR is hot air. Don't expect them to follow through.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Adobe recruiter does initial screening. Followed by a conference call with the hiring manager. Then an onsite half day interview session with multiple team managers. A final onsite interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to Adobe?   1 Answer

User Experience Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Adobe (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

He wanted someone who can work on with the Acrobat Team, also who can design the interactive pdfs, and he started asking me with the introduction, then my education and my work background, then he told me to explain one design project, how I began working on that project till the end product

Interview Questions

he was not clear about the job position, and for me the job work was not interesting

Head of Customer Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Overall it was very fluid. The HR recruiter was very courteous, professional and helpful. I was very impressed with their responsiveness, follow and follow up. I went through 5 rounds of interviews, didn't get the role, but they did take the time to give me feedback afterwards which was much appreciated.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach this role in the first 30 days of the job?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Adobe (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I got two rounds, one by phone and another on campus. First round, 2 calls, second round which happened after a few weeks, was 4-5 interviews in one day. Overall interviews were amazing. I really liked talking to everyone on the team and was quite excited about the opportunity. A week later the recruiter told me everyone liked talking to me and asked when I could join the team.
    Needless to say, it got me excited. Two weeks later when I didn't hear back anything from the recruiter I emailed them, only to hear that they were not extending the offer anymore. It was almost like extending an offer and rescinding it for no apparent reason. No feedback or reason was ever given and the recruiter refused to respond further.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why You? 2) Why marketing 3) Why this position 4) What do you think is the future in this space? Overall simple questions, just do some research and you'll be fine.   Answer Question