Adobe Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Adobe Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Feb 21, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter who contacted me on Linkden and then she forwarded my resume to hiring managers who requested that I have a technical interview. The technical interview went about 30 minutes and they asked me to come to their headquaters

Interview Questions

• Write a binary tree class and do a breadth first search.   Answer Question

Senior Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn for a different position, recruiter reached out and suggested a new position which was open for last 3+ months. The 2 phone screens included a call with manager and a technical coding challenge. I was invited on-site and had 4 more interviews . Each interview was 30 min long and discussed one small coding problem which was too easy.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Terribly unprofessional process. I applied, interviewed via phone (2x), and was brought onsite only to be told 6 weeks later that they changed the scope of the role and hired another candidate. Six months later, they reposted the role so I applied again and went directly to the onsite interview. Again, after not hearing for a few weeks, I reached out to the recruiter for a status update. She replied and said they wanted to bring me back in for another onsite, but then replied a day later saying "sorry, that email was meant for someone else!" So unprofessional. I never actually received a formal rejection email but I pretty much got the hint at that point. I've actually seen them repost the same job a third time now, which leads me to believe the team cannot a) hire someone or b) keep someone in that role for very long. The whole experience has shown me that this is not an organization I want to recruit for.

Interview Questions

• Asked about volume of interviews/candidates I sourced/coordinated on a regular basis   1 Answer

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

1) Contacted by HR by email
    2) Phone screening by hiring manager and asked to code for simple scenarios in C
    3) Given a take home assignment to complete before onsite interview
    4) Onsite interview schedules for 6 hours and made to fly to san Jose
    5) Asked to create a presentation and present to the full team of 6 people.
    6) One on one interview rounds(6) after that.
    7) All interviews went well and nothing too hard was asked. Still confused as to what was expected. A single wrong answer or unsure response will be the basis of rejection I guess.

Interview Questions

• Camera callibration, questions on simple c++ problems, debug a code, test cases scenarios, lot of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Training Channel Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

So I applied and got called back rather quickly. Had to talk to two recruiters. No really challenging questions or trickiness, just clearly trying to assess if I had the skills to deliver results. They said the person for this position would be hired within 2.5 weeks. Then they went into a silent pattern for like 2 weeks, then I had a 30 min chat with the hiring manager, who then took off on a business trip for 2 weeks. Got called back for a 1.5 hour interview after the two week hiatus. Wrote a Thank you note, and a couple of follow up notes, but heard not another word from them - this is also after I thought the interview went well.

Interview Questions

• What I would do if I had the position now? How would I approach and move the program forward.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted by the hiring manager and after a 40-min phone screen, was asked to come in for f2f interview. Interview was with the hiring manager and a peer and no unusual questions were asked. Was told that they were in desperate need to hire but I never heard from them ever again despite my followups. That's kind of unprofessional, imo.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult or unusual.   1 Answer

Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Process took 3 months to start, then the actual interview process was about 1 week.

I was in contact with a recruiter for about 3 months. I wanted iOS so it took awhile because they don't seem to have much mobile intern stuff. Once I was passed to a hiring manager, I was contacted within a week. They got to me within a day I think, set me up with another interview. My first interview was with a manager (not super technical), she asked me about my experience and projects. She then asked me some questions about where the programming languages I've used fall in complexity compared to others. (eg. C# is higher level than C++). She then asked me how languages I've used would translate to the project at hand.

For my second interview, I talked to a tech person. He was really good about asking me questions that related to my background (I'm not computer science). Sometimes in interviews with other companies, I'll tell the interviewers I'm not computer science and then they will proceed to ask me to program a data structure or something. Adobe actually asked me questions that applied to the project and my background, rather than arbitrary concepts. I feel like this shows maturity because they were checking if I was qualified for the job rather than whether or not I've memorized how to recurse a binary tree. Anyways, he asked me questions about OOP design and systems design. He then had me design the system and general interface for the system I was to build. This system had to do with a mobile client and multiple back-end APIs.

I think within a day of the second interview I was scheduled for a third. For my third interview, I went into a video conference with the team I would be on. They were good about asking me tech questions that had to do with the project and my background. They asked me about past projects and the concepts I've used. They asked me to write a program that generated a path given an array of points, then display that generated path on a UIView (this was for iOS). Most of the questions were about my background and then they would ask me specific questions to see if I really knew what I said I knew.

A couple hours after the third interview I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a singleton?   1 Answer
    • Design a system that does image processing on a server and interfaces with a mobile phone.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Totally forgot to, I regret that though

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people (one on one) onsite over the course of a single day, with one interviewer taking me to lunch. Questions consisted of what you might expect and included inquiries into technical skills, requests for specific examples to determine experience levels and standard types of behavioral questions to assist in determining style, approach and communication level. There was opportunity provided during each interview for the interviewee to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to convince an unreceptive stakeholder on something...   Answer Question

Network Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

had 3 telephonic interviews with senior members on the team. interviewer was good, made me feel comfortable. interview process was easy. all the 3 rounds were technical. Compensation was quite good. i tried negotiating but straightaway declined any discussions for negotiation.

Interview Questions

• questions on TCP/IP protocol suite, DNS, DHCP and normal behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Pretty efficient - they fly you out to their San Jose headquarters, where it sort of resembles a job fair. You talk to the different teams, rank your preferences, they rank you, and then the next day you get called back for interviews. They let you know your status within two weeks.