Adobe Senior Computer Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

1.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn for a different position, recruiter reached out and suggested a new position which was open for last 3+ months. The 2 phone screens included a call with manager and a technical coding challenge. I was invited on-site and had 4 more interviews . Each interview was 30 min long and discussed one small coding problem which was too easy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Adobe

Senior Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

Bad unprofessional behavior from recruiters. I went through referral. My friend referred my profile and recruiter from adobe contacted me. I gave my availability and I postponed one of my interview as recruiter confirmed that I will be getting call on that week. Then introduced other guy who would be coordinating my interview. But after that no reply, no interview call for 3 weeks. They did not even reply to my followup mail.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Standard interview process. Algorithms, Quetions on past experiences and work. Questions on previous project. Why do i want to work for adobe. I cant write 30 words , i have beeen counting for a while now.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by Recruiter in Feb-2011 and she arranged phone interview with Flash Access group, the manager spoke with me for 30 minutes and later they arranged 1:1 interview with 7 engineers/leads/managers one after the other (each 45 minutes), It went pretty well and I was called for second round where I just met with the Senior Manager of the group for 45 minutes, he asked me basic questions and then HR person spoke about benefits and policies and how they would move forward.

The Senior manager said it would take 2-3 weeks to make decision and everything is POSITIVE, nothing wrong with the interview or my skills so I was very positive, on the same day HR lady called me and discussed if I have other offers and salary etc. I gave all the details and she said we need to fasten the process and get you on board as soon as possible, she took 45 minutes to explain policies and benefits once again. At that time I thought it would take 1 week's time to receive final offer. But after a week HR lady called and said that there is one urgent higher management meeting and that would decide about this position, meanwhile I kept my other offers on hold to see what happens here again after few days she called and asked to wait for few more days. I kept my fingers crossed even though I sensed something fishy in this matter but did not ask anything to HR.

Later after 1 week I asked as I had to make decision on my other offers and she replied that sorry that management has decided to move this position to some other group in SF and she said they are too bummed about this and blah blah....

I am not disappointed because technically I cleared the interview and almost got the offer but the part which pisses me off is, how can such a huge corporate make such a lame decision and waste candidates time for 2 1:1 interview (of 7-8 hours total where I took day off for an interview) and the height is, they don't tell you the outcome of the disastrous management decision unless you ask them. The management and HR ppl are jerk in Adobe. And worst part is, this process took well over 2 months since HR contacted initially.

Even the interview questions were so lame, I was wondering how come Adobe employees ask such a straight forward (even school pass-out can answer) type questions for 7+ yrs exp person for Senior Computer Scientist position. Isn't it pathetic. One of the engineer asked me to reverse a linked list, come on give me a break, this question is not even asked to recent school pass outs.

I am disappointed because I wasted my time and did not get satisfaction of solving difficult problems in interview (because all questions were piece of cake). Hope this review helps.

Pardon me for the typo errors. :)

Interview Questions

• No difficult question asked   1 Answer

Senior Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

How can I even begin to describe it, it sort of looks relaxing but it's not, so many layers of politics underneath each interview processes, they can you but then interviewers select candidates whose relatives have already worked with Adobe and gosh I came to know about this recently when I went to interview at their office. One tree question the interviewer asked , I answered , one puzzle couldn't answer , yes, what can I say about it, they are sitting on the other side, you can't really do much about it, they can ask whatever they want to demoralise you to make you feel bad about yourselves and they are acting like as if they are some kinds of gods. In the end there was a good amount of Java multithreading and I thought it was a good discussion ,got rejected immediately after the 1st round. What will recruiter think ? Didn't the candidate prepare ? Recruiters will never get to know what goes inside the interview rounds, it's a nightmare and horrible process , especially in these India offices, third world mindset people inside Adobe, what you think what's gonna happen if you don't have a godfather in the tech industry, you are screwed my friend, interviews these days are just for name sake.

Senior Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Adobe in September 2011.

Interview

Initially when I applied , I thought of a huge brand name and good challenging work, Here the story goes they will call for written test, conduct 4-5 rounds of interview and at the end when it comes to salary they give like peanuts, Well its not there fault too. the company is just 3-4 billion dollar company and recently they were in news as there profit has reduced because of compensation factor Which make us to think a lot.

What made me angry was the fact that they should have discussed the salary thing in the first place rather than wasting individual time. If you are thinking of its like a google company think again, (Seeing there revenue number its not at all justified), its better to go for yahoo,linkedin and amazon and many other more in the market better than adobe.

This is the feedback from my friend, Mostly adobe wants all the IIT folks to work in there company for campus recruit, but here is the catch, they will give you 10lac pa , but out of that 30-40% is stock option which u can encash after 3-4 years. I remember my company,which recruiting from IIT-mumbai and they pay much better than adobe and no trap like stock option

Interview Questions

Who will take peanuts from them.