Adobe Senior Computer Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.0

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn for a different position, recruiter reached out and suggested a new position which was open for last 3+ months. The 2 phone screens included a call with manager and a technical coding challenge. I was invited on-site and had 4 more interviews . Each interview was 30 min long and discussed one small coding problem which was too easy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Adobe

Senior Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Adobe.

Interview

Bad unprofessional behavior from recruiters. I went through referral. My friend referred my profile and recruiter from adobe contacted me. I gave my availability and I postponed one of my interview as recruiter confirmed that I will be getting call on that week. Then introduced other guy who would be coordinating my interview. But after that no reply, no interview call for 3 weeks. They did not even reply to my followup mail.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Standard interview process. Algorithms, Quetions on past experiences and work. Questions on previous project. Why do i want to work for adobe. I cant write 30 words , i have beeen counting for a while now.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by Recruiter in Feb-2011 and she arranged phone interview with Flash Access group, the manager spoke with me for 30 minutes and later they arranged 1:1 interview with 7 engineers/leads/managers one after the other (each 45 minutes), It went pretty well and I was called for second round where I just met with the Senior Manager of the group for 45 minutes, he asked me basic questions and then HR person spoke about benefits and policies and how they would move forward.

The Senior manager said it would take 2-3 weeks to make decision and everything is POSITIVE, nothing wrong with the interview or my skills so I was very positive, on the same day HR lady called me and discussed if I have other offers and salary etc. I gave all the details and she said we need to fasten the process and get you on board as soon as possible, she took 45 minutes to explain policies and benefits once again. At that time I thought it would take 1 week's time to receive final offer. But after a week HR lady called and said that there is one urgent higher management meeting and that would decide about this position, meanwhile I kept my other offers on hold to see what happens here again after few days she called and asked to wait for few more days. I kept my fingers crossed even though I sensed something fishy in this matter but did not ask anything to HR.

Later after 1 week I asked as I had to make decision on my other offers and she replied that sorry that management has decided to move this position to some other group in SF and she said they are too bummed about this and blah blah....

I am not disappointed because technically I cleared the interview and almost got the offer but the part which pisses me off is, how can such a huge corporate make such a lame decision and waste candidates time for 2 1:1 interview (of 7-8 hours total where I took day off for an interview) and the height is, they don't tell you the outcome of the disastrous management decision unless you ask them. The management and HR ppl are jerk in Adobe. And worst part is, this process took well over 2 months since HR contacted initially.

Even the interview questions were so lame, I was wondering how come Adobe employees ask such a straight forward (even school pass-out can answer) type questions for 7+ yrs exp person for Senior Computer Scientist position. Isn't it pathetic. One of the engineer asked me to reverse a linked list, come on give me a break, this question is not even asked to recent school pass outs.

I am disappointed because I wasted my time and did not get satisfaction of solving difficult problems in interview (because all questions were piece of cake). Hope this review helps.

Pardon me for the typo errors. :)

Interview Questions

• No difficult question asked   1 Answer

Senior Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Bit Biased I believe. They seemed like they will only hire people whom their knowns have referred . Quite unfortunate. There are times when you feel , interviewer is trying to screw you up intentionally. 1st round, simple algorithmic question and still the interviewer will be like dissatisfied, complaining about too many if-else statements, java naming conventions, the bar is set high for the candidates that they are not keen to hire , let's be bluntly honest about it . P.S. I'm a North Indian interviewing in Bangalore centre , perhaps that's why the clichè . Second round, a manager (North Indian) , pretty chill, relaxed and friendly, I did miss some corner cases but he was like okay, should be fine , happens , had it been someone from South Indian? Trust me, I would have been scolded upside down and given some nasty lectures . Third round, again South Indian manager, initially he was happy with my profile, but I guess something triggered him about my skin colour and eventually started nonsensical java questions whereas never have I ever heard java questions especially thread related questions being asked in Adobe, well as you know this saying " if interviewer wants, he can pass you even if you didn't do that well, and if they want you to fail, no matter how good you are , you are screwed" . Talking about recruiter? Well aren't they just useless robots designed to dance on the command of these interviewers no matter what ?

Senior Computer Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Adobe in September 2011.

Interview

Initially when I applied , I thought of a huge brand name and good challenging work, Here the story goes they will call for written test, conduct 4-5 rounds of interview and at the end when it comes to salary they give like peanuts, Well its not there fault too. the company is just 3-4 billion dollar company and recently they were in news as there profit has reduced because of compensation factor Which make us to think a lot.

What made me angry was the fact that they should have discussed the salary thing in the first place rather than wasting individual time. If you are thinking of its like a google company think again, (Seeing there revenue number its not at all justified), its better to go for yahoo,linkedin and amazon and many other more in the market better than adobe.

This is the feedback from my friend, Mostly adobe wants all the IIT folks to work in there company for campus recruit, but here is the catch, they will give you 10lac pa , but out of that 30-40% is stock option which u can encash after 3-4 years. I remember my company,which recruiting from IIT-mumbai and they pay much better than adobe and no trap like stock option

Interview Questions

Who will take peanuts from them.