Adobe Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

113 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adobe (San Diego, CA).

Interview

School career fair got email same day for on campus interview following morning. Asked about projects on resume and comfort in Java. One technical question was a fairly easy difficulty. Talked to recruiter about company culture, overall rewarding experience. Got invitation to HQ for another round of interviews in 3 weeks.

Went to HQ and had a intern technical forum which spanned two days. Met with all the hiring teams and that night was selected by the teams that felt I would be a good fit. One week later I got an offer. Adobe is very welcoming, very friendly, and the entire interview experience was the best I've ever experienced.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Adobe

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Adobe (Pitts, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

The company came at my university for a career fair. I submitted my resume and got a call for an on site interview the next day. It was an half -an-hour long interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java questions like difference between hash tree and hash map, implementation of hash map etc. and discussion about my projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Standard recruiter call. Non standard process where I have to solve a take home problem and return it in a week; as opposed to an hour of a pair programming exercise.
    Recruiter was all nice until I gave in my submission after spending 2 full days on it. No reply ever since (have sent 4 follow up emails). Extremely unprofessional, idiotic and a complete waste of my time.
    Will be personally making sure none of my friends ever interviews with this Company again, there are a bunch of options in the Silicon valley and a company that does not treat its interviewees well; does not treat its employees well.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter who contacted me on Linkden and then she forwarded my resume to hiring managers who requested that I have a technical interview. The technical interview went about 30 minutes and they asked me to come to their headquaters

Interview Questions

• Write a binary tree class and do a breadth first search.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Adobe (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I dropped my resume at Adobe at a university career fair and got an on-campus interview the next day morning. A senior software engineer interviewed me, he was easy to chat with and seemed prepared for the interview. I didn't expect that the interview does not involve any algorithmic questions (which I spent a night preparing), but with four system-design-like questions. It took a week to know they decided to move on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How to implement a semaphore with mutex?
      How does a mobile app obtain data from server?
      Write a SQL query to get some attribute from some table?
      How to move and rotate a window from one state to another?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Went to my college's career fair, talked with a representative, gave her my resume, and got a call back from her that night for an on campus interview the next day. The interview lasted 30 minutes on the dot. First 10 minutes was two coding questions (I wrote my code down on paper while the interviewer watched my thinking process). The rest of the time was discussing my previous internship experience and projects.

Interview Questions

• 1. Find a string in an unsorted array of strings.
      2. Search for a string in a sorted array of strings.

Your solution can be coded in any language you choose.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

After a brief talk at my campus career fair, I interviewed on-campus the next day. The interview went smoothly and the interviewer said I did excellently.

After 2 weeks, I emailed them wondering about the results. After 3, I emailed again and was finally rejected due to a very competitive process. It was ridiculous that it took 3 weeks and 2 emails to get my rejection. It was a poor experience.

Interview Questions

• Return the value of the item k away from the end of a LinkedList   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online during the month of November. Got a call from the recruiter during the month of February. An on campus interview was there. After clearing this, we were invited to an Internship Fair at Adobe. Interviewed with 4 teams. Got offers from 2 teams. Collecting information about the team and company before hand helped a lot to pose questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Reverse a linked list
      2. Implement Google Docs
      3. Find duplicates in an array (try various methods)
      4. How many zeros in 100! (100 factorial) ?
      5. Retrieve minimum element of a stack in O(1)
      6. Loaded revolver brain teaser
      7. Explain OOP concepts through a module of your project   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There were four, 1-hour interviews. It was clear that the interviewers didn't talk to each other between sessions, as the first 3 interviewers all asked me to write a for-loop on a whiteboard, presumably to make sure I wasn't in the wrong room. The rest were mostly basic language questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Calculate total number of manhole covers in San Francisco.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, a week later got a call from a recruiter asking me to fly out to San Jose for their technical intern forum where they fly candidates out to interview. I flew out to San Jose then interviewed with two teams. They were all super friendly! The first day is a tour and food, and it's like a career fair where you meet the teams. Second day, you interview with teams that were mutually selected (you chose to interview with the team and the team has selected to interview you). I got an offer a couple days later by phone.

Interview Questions

• 1. Reverse a linked list.
      2. An array of a million sorted integers, fastest way to find a number?
      3. Hardest decision you've ever made?
      4. These are a list of potential intern projects, go through them and tell us how you would go about implementing each one.   1 Answer