Adobe Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Adobe Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter who contacted me on Linkden and then she forwarded my resume to hiring managers who requested that I have a technical interview. The technical interview went about 30 minutes and they asked me to come to their headquaters

Interview Questions

• Write a binary tree class and do a breadth first search.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Adobe

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Adobe (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I dropped my resume at Adobe at a university career fair and got an on-campus interview the next day morning. A senior software engineer interviewed me, he was easy to chat with and seemed prepared for the interview. I didn't expect that the interview does not involve any algorithmic questions (which I spent a night preparing), but with four system-design-like questions. It took a week to know they decided to move on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How to implement a semaphore with mutex?
      How does a mobile app obtain data from server?
      Write a SQL query to get some attribute from some table?
      How to move and rotate a window from one state to another?

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Went to my college's career fair, talked with a representative, gave her my resume, and got a call back from her that night for an on campus interview the next day. The interview lasted 30 minutes on the dot. First 10 minutes was two coding questions (I wrote my code down on paper while the interviewer watched my thinking process). The rest of the time was discussing my previous internship experience and projects.

Interview Questions

• 1. Find a string in an unsorted array of strings.
      2. Search for a string in a sorted array of strings.

Your solution can be coded in any language you choose.
      2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

After a brief talk at my campus career fair, I interviewed on-campus the next day. The interview went smoothly and the interviewer said I did excellently.

After 2 weeks, I emailed them wondering about the results. After 3, I emailed again and was finally rejected due to a very competitive process. It was ridiculous that it took 3 weeks and 2 emails to get my rejection. It was a poor experience.

Interview Questions

• Return the value of the item k away from the end of a LinkedList   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online during the month of November. Got a call from the recruiter during the month of February. An on campus interview was there. After clearing this, we were invited to an Internship Fair at Adobe. Interviewed with 4 teams. Got offers from 2 teams. Collecting information about the team and company before hand helped a lot to pose questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Reverse a linked list
      2. Implement Google Docs
      3. Find duplicates in an array (try various methods)
      4. How many zeros in 100! (100 factorial) ?
      5. Retrieve minimum element of a stack in O(1)
      6. Loaded revolver brain teaser
      7. Explain OOP concepts through a module of your project

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There were four, 1-hour interviews. It was clear that the interviewers didn't talk to each other between sessions, as the first 3 interviewers all asked me to write a for-loop on a whiteboard, presumably to make sure I wasn't in the wrong room. The rest were mostly basic language questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Calculate total number of manhole covers in San Francisco.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (Provo, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

Only half and hour, they asked about a school project I did and had me solve an algorithm problem. The guy didn't seem too interested in too much detail of my answers, but that may have just been me. The algorithm was basically a mini form of regular expression checker without any type of regex library.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had two rounds of interviews. First round was on campus. After a few weeks, I got an invitation to the on-site interview at San Jose. The first day of on-site interview was meeting the teams. The second day is having interviews with teams that they schedule us. I happened to interview with a team in San Francisco, so I had to do video conferencing interview with them at San Jose. HR and interviewers are all very friendly.

Interview Questions

• - Given a list of ranges, merge the ranges that have overlap, and return the resulting ranges.
      - What is your favorite phone App and how could you improve it
      - How do you deal with situation when you don't get along well with your teammates
      - Describe a project you have done before and your contribution to it

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Adobe (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, a week later got a call from a recruiter asking me to fly out to San Jose for their technical intern forum where they fly candidates out to interview. I flew out to San Jose then interviewed with two teams. They were all super friendly! The first day is a tour and food, and it's like a career fair where you meet the teams. Second day, you interview with teams that were mutually selected (you chose to interview with the team and the team has selected to interview you). I got an offer a couple days later by phone.

Interview Questions

• 1. Reverse a linked list.
      2. An array of a million sorted integers, fastest way to find a number?
      3. Hardest decision you've ever made?
      4. These are a list of potential intern projects, go through them and tell us how you would go about implementing each one.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Adobe in January 2016.

Interview

I applied in the career fair. Got an interview on the spot for the following day. We've talked mostly about the company and the internship itself, not many technical questions. The interviewer was very nice and willing to answer questions. Was asked about the difference between Java and C++. Overall experience was positive.