Adolfson & Peterson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 31, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Adolfson & Peterson (Fort Collins, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was relaxed. I had 2 people ask me questions. Make sure you have extra resumes just in case. Bring some water with you in case you need it.

Interview Questions

• They asked general questions, nothing crazy.   1 Answer

Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Adolfson & Peterson (Aurora, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was one of the more detailed I've ever experienced. I was making a big switch in my career and I was new to the industry, so the Leadership team had me meet with deptartment heads for about 30 mins each on my 1st interview. My 2nd interview consisted of a 3 hour Q&A discussion in a conference room with the entire Leadership Team. I was asked dozens of questions, and how I would handle certain situations as well as individuals, as well as my background and how I could benefit the organization. My 3rd interview was at a couple job sites where I was able to see what goes on in the field and meet some of the Sup's and PM's that run a project. My 4th interview was back in the main office and was with the team i would be joining, where again we had about an hour of Q&A discussion.

Interview Questions

• What is your background and how are you going to be able to make a difference within the organization?   Answer Question
    • What draws you to working in the Construction Industry?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have with coaching individuals and growing talent?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Adolfson & Peterson (New York, NY).

Interview

Focuses on my technical background and why do I like this position, and experience do I have related to this position. The interviewer was nice and introduced the company culture and projects they are working on to me.

Interview Questions

• What can you do to be considered qualified for this position   1 Answer

Systems Administrative - Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Adolfson & Peterson in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was e-mailed a few days later to schedule a phone interview with HR. This was pretty straightforward, checking to make sure I was qualified for the position. A few days later, I was invited to interview at the office.

The in-person interview was with two people from the IT department. This was a more open-ended discussion, so it was my job to direct the conversation and try to show them how my qualifications would meet their needs. I learned more about the job and the IT team, and was asked what questions I had. I asked a few that I had prepared, but then I ran out of prepared questions, so I had to wing it and try to keep talking until the end of the hour.

I didn't get a job offer, but everyone with whom I spoke was very friendly and professional. I would have really liked to work for A&P, but I guess I wasn't the right fit this time.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Adolfson & Peterson (Tempe, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

Met with three project executives over lunch and talked not only about work, but family and how this job might be a good fit for me and my family. Obviously the discussion was also about work and how my qualifications met the needs of AP.

Interview Questions

• The questions were more personality based as they want to work with someone that they will get along with. Beyond that, there were the obligatory can you do this and that questions.   Answer Question

MEP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adolfson & Peterson (Laramie, WY) in April 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. Interviewers were polite and professional. I was asked mainly behavioral/personality questions. One interviewer in particular had a tendency to ramble on making it hard to leave an impression. It was just a matter of taking the things he was talking about and applying your skills in order to market yourself and leave a lasting impression.

Project Executive Interview

Application

I interviewed at Adolfson & Peterson in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process not very thorough. Meet with the Vice President for lunch and discussed the opportunity. The VP of the region pursued me. I was not looking for a job at the time.

Interview Questions

• Hardly any questions were asked. Past job experience and project types?   1 Answer

Estimator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Adolfson & Peterson.

Interview

Everyone was very open about expectations. The decision was made quicker than I expected for a national company. The offer was very fair, benefits are great and prove they care about employees.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Great company to grow within.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Adolfson & Peterson.

Interview

While A&P seems like a fantastic company to work for, I encourage you to really think twice about continuing through the interview process. I had a phone interview, and two in person interviews. The VP of the regional office was supposed to be there for both in person interviews, but he left early or left just right as my interview was beginning. Which I thought was totally fine, until I got the rejection call. Apparently the VP wanted someone with a very specific skill set, which I had limited knowledge of. I think that if the VP would have actually sat in on the interview like I was told he was going to, he would have seen me as a good fit for the company. Long story short, A & P really needs to hold their VP's to a higher standard, and ensure that they are following through. It gave me the impression that the VP doesn't really care about potential interview candidates, if he just leaves the office despite a previous commitment.

Interview Questions

• All of the interview questions were easy. Nothing seemed overly challenging.   Answer Question

Office Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Adolfson & Peterson (Aurora, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

I was very impressed with the interview process. The phone interview was with HR, and a very traditional/expected interview, asking traditional phone interview questions. They would not release the position's salary range though which was a disappointment so I didn't know where my requirements fell in the spectrum of their budget. In person interview started with what would become my future boss, and questions were more job related. There was a 15 minute written test (position related). Then their was a round-robin of 15min-30min interviews with other management team members, 4 total. This was more casual conversation about the company, the position, their roles, how we would be interacting, etc. Have good questions prepared and know that you need to pull out business networking conversation skills so you are prepared to keep a 30 minute business conversation intriguing on both sides of the conversation. 2nd in person interviews were with two VPs of the office.

Interview Questions

• Make up a story about an object on my desk so I can see your creativity   Answer Question

Negotiation

My salary requirements were not met which was a disappointment, but I also didn't want to negotiate. I would rather plan on proving myself within the first year and revisit the pay after they can see my worth. The benefits are better than what is listed on their website.