Advance America Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advance America Assistant Manager Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance America (Mobile, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was quick and to the point, everything sounded great. I was told there would be set hours and bonuses promised and I would be put in a store close to where I was moving to. Once hired, all if that changed and it took a month to call me back to work after I was hired.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Advance America

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Advance America in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website on September 12. A district manager called me back on September 21 and scheduled an interview for the following day. During the interview, I was asked to summarize my previous experience that was relevant to the position. I was asked about my sales ability. A role-play to sell a product of the interviewer's chose was also part of it. I was told more interviews had to be held and that I would hear back in 1-2 weeks if chosen to move forward. On September 25 I was called and asked to come back in to pick-up a drug test form and to go in for a drug test. On September 28, I got a call back to come in for an observation interview where I observe the staff at a center to see if I still am interested. After that, they ran my background check and called every single one of my references. I was contacted October 5 to be told everything checked out and given a start date.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advance America in June 2015.

Interview

It was actually a job fair. First interview took about 30 minutes. Was called to come in for second interview. It took about another 30 minutes. Each interview was with the same DDO. She was great! Very pleasant and informative. Explained the different products and exactly what was expected from me.

Anonymous Employee in Sault Ste. Marie, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advance America (Sault Ste. Marie, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

The divisional director of operations and current center manager asked me several questions. They were the usual structured interview questions many companies ask "describe a time when you had to do X, what did you do to make it happen, etc" I was asked about five of these questions. I was also asked what kind of pay I was expecting and where I planned to be in five years.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advance America.

Interview

Two part interview, usually same day if the first interviewer is interested. Basic questions of how would you handle this situation, are you comfortable working with money, do you have a passion for sales and customer service, are you self motivated. If answers are satisfactory, you will be sent to take a drug test.

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Advance America (New Albany, MS) in March 2015.

Interview

It was an open house interview, you bring your resume and they go over your skills with you in the first interview. If decided you are a good candidate, they send you in with an interview with the district manager who then goes into further detail about what the job is about and tells you about the company. The DM also asks you questions about your past experiences, why you left/are leaving your job, ect.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an angry customer at your past job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Advance America (Pensacola, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Unusual questions. One that I recall was I was asked to "sell" (some type of item that I was handed) to the interviewing manager. Not a good interview question, because how am I to sell something I do not know anything about or believe is better than a competitor's in some fashion?

Interview Questions

• To "sell" a widget of the interviewer's choice to the interviewer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance America (Saint Augustine, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

An interview with ARM then second with DDO, Drug Test, Background, hired. The interview was fairly brief. The company was explained to me and the expectations expected once hired. Interview was kind and asked reasonable questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wage was negotiated. Process was reasonable and hourly rate was competative.

Anonymous Employee in Pekin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Advance America (Pekin, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

I initially interviewed for a position as an assistant with the company. I had a telephone interview and then two in person interviews. At the second interview I was told that a decision would be made in the next two days and I would be contacted either way. I heard nothing for over a week. When I went into the center to make my payment I told the manager that I felt it was very unprofessional of the district manager for not calling. I received a call 2 days after that telling me they went with another candidate. Two to three weeks later I got another call from the district manager with an offer for a position as a center manager. She said that I was a leader and not a follower. I was then hired in as a store manager.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected or surprise questions. It was a pretty standard set of questions for any sales position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance America (Houston, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Had to drive around between towns to locate the interviewing District Manager who did not even show up this was my 3rd and final interview and ended being conducted over the phone via the area manager