Advance America Center Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.2

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance America (Columbia, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

It was ridiculous! The interviewer talked more about herself than anything else and any question that I asked about the job was responded to as if I were asking for the secret recipe to Bush Beans! She would respond with answers like, "we will give that information to the candidate we choose." EVEN THE SIMPLIST QUESTION! I stopped asking anything!

Interview Questions

• Every question began or ended with the phrase, "what does it look like?" Must be a company buzz phrase! After I got hired I heard others use it. I only worked there 6 months due to the horrible culture of the company. They absolutely do not practice the respect they preach. Do yourself a favor and don't even bother.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advance America

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance America (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Spoke to the Divisional Director over the phone first, then met for formal interview the next day. The interview took about 30 minutes as the Divisional Director explained the company and its background. I was asked several guesting and then I was given a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous job experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Vernon, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Advance America (Mount Vernon, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Basic interview questions and asked to sell something. Very simple process with questions you would normally expect from this industry. Whole process only took a few days and the hiring manager was very polite. Received a call about a day after putting in my application.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advance America (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Brief, people very nice. Nice experience. The interview was great considering I was late, manager was understanding. She asked typical questions about background, sales, marketing and so on. Great interview

Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advance America.

Interview

I was asked very straight forward questions. It was a very little fun interview and made me really comfortable to be myself in the interview process. After the interview the next day or so I received a call to complete my drug screening. After the results came back I was offered a position with the company.

Anonymous Employee in Loves Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Advance America (Loves Park, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Jerry Chlopec, District Manager had multiple interviews with in various locations. Interviewed and rejected the first interview, then asked back for additional interviews 4 months later since the company had a issue and had to hire someone for the Freeport office. I was hired, then after finding others to work in the office I was let go.

Interview Questions

• Could I go to different locations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advance America (Ocala, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Too fast hired in one day felt like they just needed someone quick. Interviewer abrupt and to the point. very outspoken made me go on a second inteview with another manager the next day then instructed me to take a drug test on the way called and told me to report to work Monday mind you the interview was on thursday looking back they needed someone "quick" as now I see they cannot keep people as they have a very stressful atmosphere, make you work all day alone with 80 customers with high volumes of cash they need someone to take a look at what the is going on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advance America (Cleveland, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

You do need to call after you submit a resume and stop into a store, otherwise your application can get missed. The interview process is very quick and painless You do have a personal interview, drug test and a background check. The job is not hard when the store is staffed, Unfortunately the company never seems to have adequate staffing,

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advance America (Fairfield, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I was called and scheduled to inerview with the ddo within 2 weeks of applying for the position. Upon meeting the the DDO I was asked pretty basic questions about my prior work experience and the ddo did an excellent job of explaining the position to me. Once the interview was completed I was told once the background check was complete I would have to take a drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance America (Denton, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

I was first called on the phone and given about a fifteen minute phone interview with a center manager, she asked general questions. They said I would then need to wait to get an in person interview with the area manager. That took a couple of days to schedule and once I had it I was escorted to the back of the center and the area manager asked me more questions. He kind of went over the ones I was already asked on the phone, that went ok and then I was told I would need to wait for the Divisional Director of Operations. That took the longest, it was about a week before I had that interview. He went over what felt like the same questions but I can't really remember. then it was a drug test and a couple more days wait and then I was called on the phone by the DDO to be told I had the job. I felt that the people at the office I interviewed at were too loud and not professional. One woman was walking around without her shoes on and they did not seem to care about the customers. The area manager was cocky and liked to talk about himself too much. The DDO seemed ok. I would recommend the interviewee to listen to the person speaking and not really talk a lot as they aren't really interested in small talk. They want to make sure you will be a good fit for the company in that you will be strong and not easily run over. I recommend dressing up, I saw people interviewing in really shabby clothing. One important question they ask is "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" You should be able to say something along the lines of "I see myself staying here, working for this company, hopefully moving up"

Interview Questions

• What was something you didn't like about your last supervisor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for $15.00 per hour, I was offered $13.50 right off and I accepted it. When I signed my paperwork I was actually given $13.80. They didn't seem willing to really negotiate, or maybe it was that I wasn't really trying.