Advance America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advance America Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ballwin, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance America (Ballwin, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

The usual greet and meet occurred and the assistant manager described the position duties and the company policies and procedures. She explained the training and probationary period as well as the benefits they offered. I was asked to tell about my experience and abilities and interest. Asked if I had any questions that were not answered and that they would get back with me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Advance America (Memphis, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

It was pretty positive, the interviewers were really down to earth. Typical interview nothing out of the norm. It was a job fair. I was told they have a 2 step interview process. So after an initial interview, if they're interested, you have to do a 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Name three of your strengths and weaknesses....
      What does customer service means to you.....
      Name a time you had to go out if your way to hell a customer.
      Answer Question

Assistant Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooksville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance America (Brooksville, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview and then in person 2 days later with Center Manager. Good explanation about job and benefits. Was led to believe I had the job and only had to interview with DOO. Received a rejection email the day before Christmas.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance America (Bowling Green, KY) in June 2016.

Interview

The Interview Process wasn't very difficult. They first started with calling me for a phone interview, then invited me to a face-to-face interview, and ended with a second intervew. The entire process took about a week wherein I learned a lot about the company, the location, and what was to be expected.
    They were very helpful and explained that there would be collections involved and building business relationships with the community - meaning that there is a certain amount of marketing involved with this particular career path.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advance America (Cleveland, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call within a few days. The recruiter was incredibly rude and seemed uninterested in my answers. At the end of the call, she asked about salary requirements, and explained that I'd probably start at $10/hr. I asked if this was negotiable, since my current hourly pay is $11. She responded, "I don't know, maybe," and then followed that up with, "Okay, the manager might call you or something." She was by far the rudest, most negative recruiter I'd ever interacted with, and I wouldn't have pursued this company after that phone call anyway. Advance America, you should probably make sure people who represent your company know how to be polite.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my background in sales and collections in the phone interview. Very basic stuff.   Answer Question

Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advance America (Cleveland, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

You do need to call after you submit a resume and stop into a store, otherwise your application can get missed. The interview process is very quick and painless You do have a personal interview, drug test and a background check. The job is not hard when the store is staffed, Unfortunately the company never seems to have adequate staffing,

Compliance Auditor In LA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Advance America (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Went through 3 telephone interviews with 3 different people Spent over 3 hours on phone with HR, Auditor Manager and Lead Auditor. Left Voice Mail for Auditor Manager 10 days after last interview. Never received a return call, email or contact from anyone at Advance America concerning Position. If candidates are treated like this, glad I did not become an employee to be treated even worse.

Interview Questions

• 3rd interview on phone was all situational questions.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance America.

Interview

Applied online to many stores, got a call a couple days later.. The test for the application were not hard at all, basic questions. I had an interview with the store manager and again they asked basic question.. Not too many, she mostly explained the position and asked if I would be up for it. She also explained the interview process, first interview with her , second with her manager or regional manager. I got a call that same day and got my second interview two days later. The regional manager told me all about the job in more detail and he just asked my dedication to work and things like that. The nest step was for an observation day. He said he had a lot more interviews to do that day and he is going to pick and choose people , it went very well... I also got a cal later that day and my observation day is scheduled for next week. After that is drug test and background check and then you start with two week of training.. Make sure you are prepared to answer good AND bad things about yourself and just think about the answers before answering!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advance America (Denver, CO) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview wasn't much of an interview. I was just told about the job, wages and benefits. I was then asked to meet with the store manager where I would be working. Before going to my 2nd interview they took my info for a background check and told that I would hear something by the end of the week. When I went to my 2nd interview it was like the first. Both interviewers gave me the impression they couldn't wait for me to start. I have a clean background so that shouldn't have been an issue but I never heard back and when I called to check the status I was told upper management still haven't made a decision. It's been almost 2 months and I'm still being told that and the job is still open. I assume I'm getting the run around. If I wasn't so much in need of a job I would have passed this one up based on their interview process.

Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advance America (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2009.

Interview

Once I got there, the general manager asked me basic questions about my skills and level of expertise. He then said that the center management position would be something to work up to but if I was offered the job pending a background check and drug test, I would start in customer service then can enter a training program to become a manager, which was not stated in the advertisement.

Interview Questions

• What activities do you like to do outside of the workplace in your free time?   Answer Question