Advance America Assistant Center Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advance America Assistant Center Manager Interview Questions

2.6

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooksville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance America (Brooksville, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview and then in person 2 days later with Center Manager. Good explanation about job and benefits. Was led to believe I had the job and only had to interview with DOO. Received a rejection email the day before Christmas.

Anonymous Employee in New Albany, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advance America (New Albany, MS) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied to the job and the next day I got an email telling me to come to the job fair at a certain address in another town and what to bring. I showed up and waited. There were 3 district managers doing interviews and also some center managers were present. Only a handful of the managers/DMs had a positive demeanor. I luckily got chosen by one of the positive center managers and he pre-interviewed me then passed me onto a positive DM. I got the phone call the same day to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was a little low but we talked it out.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance America (Nashville, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

Typical interview questions. What made you apply for us? What is a stressful situation you've been faced with and how did you react? Strengths and weaknesses. Why did you leave your precious job? Etc.

Anonymous Employee in Fond du Lac, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Advance America (Fond du Lac, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

Pretty normal and laid back, not many questions. I was very prepared though,and knew what to expect from a co worker. Only a few tricky questions. It was in the back, only thing i didn't like is that it isn't very private, so you could hear what was going on up front.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Advance America (Houston, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with the hiring manager was asked common sense questions.Then met with the DDO and he said the expectations were such as dress and attitude. Was explained how they do bonuses and promotions with in.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance America (San Bernardino, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Very basic, face to face. Was promised a certain location and hired, then on day one, changed to a different location. Center manager interviewed one on one and district manager did phone interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance America in January 2010.

Interview

During the interview I had many questions about experiences. For example, and instance where I had a disgruntled customer and how I managed to handle the situation, but still keep the customer in good standing with the company. It was mainly examples of how you would handle situations, and customers.

Interview Questions

• What benefits could you bring to the company yourself?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advance America in July 2009.

Interview

Had 1 interview and then wasn't contacted for a second one until a week later.

Interview Questions

• If a customer is angry about the high interest rate, how would you explain it and defuse the situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one.