Advance America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advance America Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance America (Mobile, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was quick and to the point, everything sounded great. I was told there would be set hours and bonuses promised and I would be put in a store close to where I was moving to. Once hired, all if that changed and it took a month to call me back to work after I was hired.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Advance America in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website on September 12. A district manager called me back on September 21 and scheduled an interview for the following day. During the interview, I was asked to summarize my previous experience that was relevant to the position. I was asked about my sales ability. A role-play to sell a product of the interviewer's chose was also part of it. I was told more interviews had to be held and that I would hear back in 1-2 weeks if chosen to move forward. On September 25 I was called and asked to come back in to pick-up a drug test form and to go in for a drug test. On September 28, I got a call back to come in for an observation interview where I observe the staff at a center to see if I still am interested. After that, they ran my background check and called every single one of my references. I was contacted October 5 to be told everything checked out and given a start date.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance America.

Interview

It was a typical interview of how I would handle customer situations, and if I'm comfortable with money handling in large amounts. I had a first interview with a store manager and a second interview a week later with the district manager. They ran my back round and I took a drug test and they hired me.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advance America in June 2015.

Interview

It was actually a job fair. First interview took about 30 minutes. Was called to come in for second interview. It took about another 30 minutes. Each interview was with the same DDO. She was great! Very pleasant and informative. Explained the different products and exactly what was expected from me.

Anonymous Employee in Sault Ste. Marie, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advance America (Sault Ste. Marie, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

The divisional director of operations and current center manager asked me several questions. They were the usual structured interview questions many companies ask "describe a time when you had to do X, what did you do to make it happen, etc" I was asked about five of these questions. I was also asked what kind of pay I was expecting and where I planned to be in five years.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

CENTER SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Advance America (Jacksonville Beach, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

After submitting an online application, you will be contacted by the Divisional Training Manager for an interview. This person is also a center manager usually. After being interviewed by this person, you will be asked for a follow up interview with the divisional director of operations (DDO). Then after that, a job offer may or may not be extended.

Business Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advance America (Spartanburg, SC).

Interview

One-on-one with 2 associates and two managers: One VP had not Tech Experience, the Other manager was "techie", There was a PMP Associate, and techie operational person. Probably below average skills and knowledge of each person I met with.

Interview Questions

• Functional and Technical Knowledge   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advance America (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewing was quick, warm and friendly. Explanation of job requirements and expectations were very detailed. A quick and call back response for background check and drug testing and she was excited to get me hired. Scheduling for training was flexible but immediate. I felt like I was seen as a valued employee and this was the start to a fantastic career.

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advance America.

Interview

Two part interview, usually same day if the first interviewer is interested. Basic questions of how would you handle this situation, are you comfortable working with money, do you have a passion for sales and customer service, are you self motivated. If answers are satisfactory, you will be sent to take a drug test.

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance America.

Interview

Meeting with Regional Manager and DDO pretty straight forward questions very interactive interview. Talked about salary and expectations. Offered position next day, with condition of passing drug screening and background check. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was told salary range asked for highest and was offered that amount.