Advance Auto Parts Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advance Auto Parts Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.3

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in May 2015.

Interview

This was a promotional interview as I was already employed by Advance. I met with the district leader and a store manager (who differed from my own). They presented questions to assess my abilities. Then they allowed me to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you observed and deescalated a conflict. What could you have done differently in retrospect. What lessons did you learn?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Morrisville, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

Very layed back, but informative, friendly, and concise. I originally applied online through the Advance Auto Parts website and received a call back within a week of submission. I setup an interview time and date, and met with the Store Manager in the back, in his office. The parts manager was already seated when we arrived and he sat in on the interview and also asked some questions. After the interview was nearing completion, the corporate sales manager introduced herself and I was told if I received a job offer that I would be reporting directly to her. Everyone was very friendly, professional, and attentive.

Interview Questions

• If I had any automotive repair experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Castle Hayne, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Castle Hayne, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

Interview process was quick and professional. From start to finish the process for mid mgmt was 3 days including bg chk and drug test. I walked away knowing the hiring managers feelings and my chances.

Interview Questions

• If you saw an employee put merchandise in a customers bag but did not see them scan the product, how would you deal with the situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Jacksonville, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

Began with a telephone screening by a corporate HR rep, then an online personality/leadership test that took about an hour. About 3 or 4 days before the store manager called me and scheduled an interview. Pretty informal interview in the store, basically just a meet and greet so the store can get a feel for who you are and what you can offer. About a week and the district leader called me to speak further and answer any questions. The job offer came back a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What are you currently working on to improve you leadership skills?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for assistant managers. It was a take it or leave it offer.

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Winchester, VA) in February 2011.

Interview

It started out easy, I had 5 interviews with 4 store manager and 2 district managers. At one point I had to travel 1.5 hours for an interview with a store manager because no one else was available to do at that time.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a chance to deal with angry customer and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Greenwood, SC) in November 2008.

Interview

Dropped off application and had to continue to keep calling and bugging the manager. Finally got a 1 on 1 interview pass that then went to a panel interview