Advance Auto Parts Commercial Parts Pro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 29, 2017

1.9

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Poughkeepsie, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Was promoted within the store without an official interview. I expressed interest in the position to my manager and he promoted me on the spot. However i was required to take a parts and system knowledge test before i was officially given the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Commercial Parts Pro Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Typical Retail Job Interview, applied online and started with a phone interview then moved on to an in person interview, followed by training.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about cars?   1 Answer

Commercial Parts Pro Interview

Interview

Questions about customer service, they mostly want you to have a good attitude and no how to keep their customers happy. You are the only face to face contact that most of their customers see. They are looking for very cheerful, upbeat employees. I just tried to make sure every answer was geared toward the happiness of the customer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a nasty upset customer?   1 Answer

Commercial Parts Pro Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Was hired within one week very poorly ran place.
    Filled out the app online. Went the next week and talked to the manager had an Interview the next day then was hired after my drug test and back ground check came back.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about cars.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just they started at 7.60 a hour take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Skokie, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Spoke with the manager over the phone who said he's looking for a commercial parts pro, so we set up an interview. Once I got in, he switched it to part-time key holder. Took the parts test and waiting on response, but the system didn't disclose any results. I asked about compensation, but he did not want to provide that information. Currently, I hold 2 Associates Degrees, am A+ certified & a US citizen. Waiting for his call, but doubt it'll happen. Can't wait until graduating to get on board something corporate.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview was very basic. Why you are interested in the position exc.... If you have Auto Parts experience you are basically going to be able to get a job at any auto parts company.

Negotiation

Very competitive. I was asked what I made at my past place of employment ( which was a competitor Auto Parts Store ) Advance paid me a substantial amount more at the first offer. I felt it was fair and I accepted the offer.

Commercial Parts Pro Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Applied online, received a call about setting up an interview for part time job. Called back and set up an interview. During this first interview I was asked if i was interested in management, said yes and was set up for 2 more interviews, one at another store and another with the division manager. After the first interview I took an automotive knowledge assessment test. My second interview was with a store manager at a different store, this one wasn't really an interview as I wasn't really asked any questions, we really just had a conversation. The third interview was more intense and had some tough questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to inspire someone else   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, did not feel like I was able to.

Anonymous Employee in Carthage, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Carthage, NY).

Interview

Was turned onto the position by a current employee, brought in to interview, took assessment, received papers for drug testing, signed forms for MVR certification, took drug test, went for second interview, agreed on wage and hours, was put on schedule.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you are worth for hourly pay?   1 Answer

Commercial Parts Pro Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Interviewed six different times over the period of 6 weeks. After being diligent with phones calls and unscheduled follow up visits to stores. Was finally hired.

Interview Questions

• For myself, there was not a difficult question. I am more than qualified for the CPP position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ridiculous!

Commercial Parts Pro Interview

Interview

Hiring involved applying online, waiting for a phone call, and going in for a scheduled drug test. There was little if any training whatsoever.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There are no negotiations.