Advance Auto Parts Content Management Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advance Auto Parts Content Management Specialist Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Content Management Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in April 2011.

Interview

Email communication first by the recruitment specialist. Then a phone interview with the hiring manager. It was about 40 mins. Then a face-to-face at the office with two other people. This was one hour. Then, on the same day, another face-to-face with the HR manager. This was about half an hour. Extremely friendly work culture. Courteous staff, at the reception desk as well as inside the office.

Interview Questions

• How did you use technology in your last job to achieve results you wanted to achieve?   Answer Question
  • How do you think you can make a contribution to office staff outside of the normal work you do i.e. what's something extra and outside-the-box that you can bring to our office?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I only did this once. Have very little experience with negotiations (so I bombed i think!). They had asked me for a range. The range i specified was too long, and thats where I made my first mistake. I gave them a range of 10000 dollars. Eg. my salary expectation (fictitiously) was between 50 and 60000. BIG MISTAKE. Should have narrowed the range, like 56000 - 62000. They offered me 1000 dollars more than the minimum. I went back to them and said I needed more. They came back with another 3000. That was all. That's where the negotiation stopped.