Advance Auto Parts Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advance Auto Parts Driver Interview Questions

1.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2013.

Interview

It was uncoordinated by an AGM. He didn't have any experience. It was short and I got a call a few days later for a follow up. I was hired on the spot by the General Manager. The interview was super easy, just demonstrate knowledge on cars and hit on any previous retail experience. They low inventory management as its a fairly large problem, not surprised due to some of the clientele.

Interview Questions

• They asked what knowledge on cars I had, my work availability and salary expectations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations, it was a set amount and they offered flexible hours.

Other Interview Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Tampa, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

The General Manager asks a few questions about work history and availability. Since this is for a driver position the interview is not very intensive. If you are applying for a salesperson position you are asked more questions about how familiar you are with automobiles. (I have been both a driver and a salesperson)

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with working only 20 hours a week or weekends only?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Erlanger, KY) in February 2012.

Interview

I moved back up to Michigan as a transfer with my name still on file for a month. I talked to a few managers before hand and got a hold of one that was soon to be opening another store closer to where i was going, talked to him in person to find out the store opening had been delayed till april 2012, this was in february when we talked mind you and i was originally told mid march at latest. he talked to several other managers in the district. the first was a position as a commercial manager which i was stoked to be offered except that i was turned down for " not having the prior commercial experience". As a commercial driver i worked with commercial accounts all the time, the difference being i didnt get the pay rate for it or the title. i was referred to a store in livonia to keep me in the system and i was fine with that but still concerned with the pay rate being that my yearly review just got submitted before transferring up here and my pay was already low at 7.71. the low pay isnt so bad when you have a 2 mile drive to work but livonia is 30 min one way from me now. even before my first day i kept asking around abuot the pay rate if it was even subject to change and no one could give me a straight answer or knew who could. after 6 of my first 9 hours on my shift i walked out saying i quit. Im 22 with an Associate degree in automotive performance technology, passed 5 of the 8 A section A.S.E. test, spent a season in ARCA on a pit crew, I can tear down a engine, and build a high output machine, fine tune suspension and build a roll cage. i'm not looking to make more than the general manager on day one, but i expected some monetary recognition and compensation for my knowledge and effort put in to use at work. thankfully im still young and can move on to a better career and schooling for something less degrading.

Interview Questions

• name the parts in a that make a car stop   1 Answer

At $7.71 an hour with gas prices rising my first hour of pay after taxes ( about $6.09) payed for gas just to get to and from work, and with the 20 hours a week i was capped at by management in kentucky things never looked promising in transferring when i came back to michigan. in comparison to the others i worked with as drivers and even some managers im somewhat overqualified or just in the wrong field all together. working in a parts store is more so for someone that has some auto knowledge or is in school learning more as the pay and hours seem more so fit to that life style

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Lafayette, IN) in October 2010.

Interview

I heard about a "Key holder" position and thought it would be better then just a delivery driver as far as pay was concerned. The manager and I talked very informally at the counter, he asked what my background was. After about 20 minutes he offered me a "Mobile Pro" position including key holder (i could open and close the store).

Interview Questions

• If a customer brought in a battery with the receipt, said it was no good, what would I do.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only negotiated the hours. An older gentleman was retiring in two months, I negotiated that I would like to take his hours and inventory position.