Advance Auto Parts General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advance Auto Parts General Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2017

3.2

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Interviews went well but they are misleading when they hire. They feed you this line you can make a great of $$$ but fail to tell you there are no increases at all unless you make all the requirements.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about certain parts of a car?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Miami, FL).

Interview

Initially, a phone call, then a personal meeting, both with standard questions (profiling) Then a team of 2 interviewers (district managers) will follow a company provided profiler script to conduct the formal interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were presented in a casual way, but following a script.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

They briefly ask about your background. Then they proceed to ask you about running a business and ask you to answer questions based on previous experiences. Then they will ask you questions pertaining to automotive knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenoir, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Lenoir, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a store manager to come in for an interview. The interview took approximately an hour and a half and was very thorough.
    The questions asked were form questions for consistency and conversation was easy.
    I was told the interview was positive, but never heard back- yay or nay.

Interview Questions

• Several automobile systems, components, and operation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Huntsville, TX).

Interview

Met with another General Manager and the District Manager, we sat down and discussed Auto Parts, previous experience along with community involvement. It was a fairly informal interview. Generating more business and repeat business was the most important factor to the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to generate more business   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Minneola, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Three part process, Interview with District Manager, Panel Interview with 2 -3 District Managers, Interview with Regional Vice President. Overall the process was a little slow, but worth it in the end. They asked a lot of questions about my experience in Management and dealing with hiring and coaching. Panel interview was a little nerve racking as it's an interview with more then one person so you have more influence from others on your decision to hire.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to coach an employee, What happened and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Interview

Usual questions. Panel type intreview. Focused on customer service. Not concerned if you had auto parts experience. Please don't lead people on. Lead to believe I was a great candidate and would get their decision in a week. No call weeks later. Very unprofessional very glad I didn't get an offer

Interview Questions

• why are you leaving your current job? really why do you think.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pennsauken, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Pennsauken, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

question and answer session and then scenarios were set up and role playing was done with several different people whom I presumed to be current store managers with the company.i was asked if I had any questions

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Can be a long process depending on district needs. Panel interviews , role playing Waiting on call backs. The process can be daunting patience is a plus. Job offer is basic very little room to negotiate salary

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in July 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by an out of the area HR employee who conducted a general phone screening. I was then scheduled for an in person interview with the local District manager and a panel of other tenured General Managers from the area. I was contacted 2 weeks later and scheduled for an in person interview with the area HR Director and the Territory VP. I then was asked to come in for a final meeting two weeks later for a job offer. According to this DM the normal time frame start to finish is usually 2-3 weeks but there were unexpected delays (Territory VP's Vacation). Advance Auto Parts is in the beginning stages of positioning themselves as a sales organization so be prepared to talk about how you will create and inspire a sales culture in your store.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected but DEFINATELY thorough. Both of my face to face interviews were face to face and with 3+ people.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes there was negotiation. The DM was very upfront about company set pay ranges and even printed off detailed breakdowns of how my bonus structure works. He used the real numbers from my store to calculate average monthly bonuses for the past year.