Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

332 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Parts Pro Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Denver, CO).

Interview

Very cut and dry, interview with the GM of the store and more often then not if you get an interview than you'll get the job. Very easy job to get

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

quick and easy. asked knowledge about car parts and availability. also asked if i can drive and how my license situation was. asked about mechanical and visual parts in a car and about products they sell/

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in June 2017.

Interview

This company is an absolute joke. First of all, they do not use emails. After submitting my resume, HR called me a few times (each time I was in meetings). I called back, but they never picked up. Nobody ever followed up with emails.

Second, they will never follow up with you after the first interview. I waited for 3 weeks, nobody ever contacted me. I found the number to the HR person (mind you, nobody ever gave me email address or any form of communication). I called and asked whether there were any follow ups. HR didn't know on the spot, but a couple of days later said that they would like to do a second interview with the entire team (via video conference).

Third, you waste so much time but they don't even fart to give you any feedback. They ask you to complete a pretty time consuming assignment. They ask you to show up on a video but they don't show up on a video. Now, it's been 6 weeks since the last interview. Guess what? No communication from them whatsoever.

I warn everyone to avoid this company as much as you can. Don't waste your time preparing because it's not valued and appreciated.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to complete an assignment. Otherwise, marketing specific questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Two steps to the interview. One was to meet with the GM of the store and discuss expectations and so forth and the other part was to meet with ANOTHER GM of a different store for him to assess you. A bit tedious if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• If I was having an issue with my car how would you help me diagnose it   2 Answers

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Interview

Panel interview with team leaders of the department in a conference room. Each team leader asked a series of questions. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewers are very serious during the process.

Interview Questions

• Name a negative experience in your life and how it affected you   Answer Question

CDL Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Benito, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (San Benito, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The Interview Process was speedy very professional. The management was very prepared with how he handled the interview process. Questions were not misleading and very to the point. All in all it was a very well prepared interview.

Interview Questions

• Could I name certain car system parts.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Applications are submitted via the internet. Manager scrolls through very long list and chooses his preferences. Candidates are called in for interview with general manager and district manager. They are asked a series of questions and then onto the next potential hire.

Interview Questions

• The basics: what are you strengths/weakness', customers service questions, auto parts knowledge questions, some ethical questions.   1 Answer

Retail Parts Pro Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with the DM. I had previous experience so he didn't ask me any automotive questions. His main concern was whether or not I was ASE test ready, which I was.

Interview Questions

• Can you recall a time when you had to tell a customer "no?"   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Morgantown, KY).

Interview

SAT with GM and talked about my role in a other franchise operation. We talked about the wide range get of retail sales and operations to see that I had a good working knowledge of procedural aspects as well as customer service and our go to exceed the competition in customer satisfaction

Interview Questions

• Why I thought that I would be a good candidate for the position   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was made an offer and I ould have liked to have been able to negotiate on hours and pay. Over all the experience was exciting f.

DIY SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (New York, NY).

Interview

One on one, asked about general car knowledge. Began with identifying the various parts of a car (engine, radiator, brakes, calipers, fuel rail, etc.) then got progressively harder leading to questions on fuel injection, timing, suspension (camber and toe). I was then asked what kind of car I recently worked on.

Interview Questions

• What are the components of an A/C system?   1 Answer