Advance Auto Parts Commercial Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advance Auto Parts Commercial Account Manager Interview Questions

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, then panel interview with district manager and commercial sales manager, then phone call with regional Vice President. After that you get an offer, contingent upon mvr record. Interview questions are in STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used your competitive advantage to sell a product.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you solved a problem and went above and beyond.   Answer Question
    • What is your primary and secondary role in sales?   Answer Question
    • What are the most important traits a salesperson can have?   Answer Question
    • What would your manager say about you (good and bad)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary. Was offered the max. Salary is low with huge potential for bonuses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Portland, OR) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied on line. District Manger called and we did a phone interview. Took assesment test online. Did a panel interview. The panel interview was 2 local DM and 1 Regional Commercial Manager. Took about an hour. They introduced themselves one by one an told me how long they were with the company. Then asked me to tell them about me and my job history. Not sure what they were lookng for. I think I should have bragged more about my sucesss with each company. Will find out on Tuesday if i get the job

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you visted one of our stores? What is the prmary and secondary role in sales? Tell me about the time you had a goal and there was an obstacle in the way. What was the obastacle and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

Long online application, similar to other retail stores. Phone interview and screening, then in person interview. Many questions about how you handle various situations, how you will grow business, what you would do in hypothetical situations, etc. Position offered really GREAT benefits and perks. Interviewer was an owner who had sold out to corporate, had a personal investment in the success of the company, and truly wanted more than an employee. Was very impressed.

Interview Questions

• What's the hardest problem you have faced   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

The company will make you go through what is probably a very typical hiring process while the assessment you are required to take in the beginning is very long & you answer the questions over & over.

1. Assessment (Very Long)
    2. HR Phone Interview
    3. Face-to-face interview / panel interview

Interview Questions

• Can you handle being micro-managed   1 Answer

Negotiation

Normal

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The interview process was straightforward and easy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Executive Commercial Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Dayton, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

I was recruited by the RVP initially by phone to go over a "Reader's Digest" version of the position. After showing interest, I was invited to meet the following week when he was in my state to have lunch to dive deeper into the opportunity. After approximately 3 hours discussing pros and cons I was invited to go online to apply. Shortly, after I was prompted to take a Personality Exam, Comprehension Exam, and I also took a Management Scenario exam. I was asked what my Strength Finders Results were as well.

Interview Questions

• 1) How long have I been managing teams for Commercial Sales? 2) How well do you handle stress 3) Am I willing to travel 40-50% of the time 4) Am I comfortable with Performance driven bonuses bases off your sales teams? 5) How well do you lead and influence your teams? 6) How well are you at negotiations and discovering solutions for your customer? 7)How well do you learn new things and am I mechanically inclined? 8) Am I familiar with Sales Process? 9)This position will be in a male dominate culture, how well do I take to comments that are non professional towards a lady, in other words can I be " Thick Skinned". ) 10) Give Examples of ... Give me a time when???? ( Standard )   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher starting salary then the standard given my performance awards in the recent past however, I was more interested in the "Non-Capped" portion of my compensation. It took less than a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Toledo, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

Mine started with online, application, then panel interview with commercial sales manager, retail district manager and HR manager, questions are basic in star format. A few days after I was contacted for a ride along in the field, spent a few hours with the rep made sales calls visited retail store... This is where it gets weird. After that I was told by hiring manager that a new round of interviews would be opened to see if anyone else would qualify as well. I then received a phone call to tell me that someone did and would spend a day in the field as well. At this point I offered to spend a day in the field with a retail manager and this offer was accepted. After great feedback I was told I would be moving forward. The hr manager contacted me for my background check info and all I had to do was interview with RVP and an offer would be made. Interview with RVP was over phone and a few basic questions were asked, pretty causal. Later that day the hiring manager told me all went well and said a blessing was given for an offer. She didn't make one and instead asked me to lunch and said an offer would be given by the end. Day of lunch called and told it was cancelled and agreed to meet at a Starbucks at this time she starting interview me again and said an internal candidate expressed interest so she wanted to make sure I was the right fit. Mind you the listing was pulled and I'm in background. I was told the next day she would let me know... At this point I was told I have the job twice. Next day no phone call but an email saying no decision was made. The following Tuesday I get a phone call saying I wasn't being hired because she wanted to start a new search for someone with more experience in automotive. The following day I get a letter in the mail saying my background returned clear and was ok to start work for them.

Interview Questions

• Star format. Situational questions. How do you lead a team of sales reps that you have no authority over?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Greensboro, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

The hiring process takes almost a full month. The final step is a panel interview.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Baton Rouge, LA) in January 2012.

Interview

Tell me about a time you failed to meet your quota. How many people have you manage. Tell me about a time you had a team member fail what did you do. Tell me about at time you had to write and action plan what was the outcome.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non negotiable.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Applied online. Sales Manager contacted me within a week of applying. Had a phone interview with sales manager, hr manager and regional vice president.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a customer stopped doing business with you and how did you handle it?   Answer Question