Advance Auto Parts General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advance Auto Parts General Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Interviews went well but they are misleading when they hire. They feed you this line you can make a great of $$$ but fail to tell you there are no increases at all unless you make all the requirements.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about certain parts of a car?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Denver, CO).

Interview

Mainly unstructured for the entry level positions. Some key points brought up but nothing unusual. The requirements for the position is minimal and management is more focused on the personality aspect rather than the automotive experience. Although this can be trained, the training is informal and minimal at best. In supervisory and management interviews there is a long, on line personality test.

Interview Questions

• What skills or attributes that you feel you will bring with you for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Miami, FL).

Interview

Initially, a phone call, then a personal meeting, both with standard questions (profiling) Then a team of 2 interviewers (district managers) will follow a company provided profiler script to conduct the formal interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were presented in a casual way, but following a script.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

They briefly ask about your background. Then they proceed to ask you about running a business and ask you to answer questions based on previous experiences. Then they will ask you questions pertaining to automotive knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenoir, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Lenoir, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a store manager to come in for an interview. The interview took approximately an hour and a half and was very thorough.
    The questions asked were form questions for consistency and conversation was easy.
    I was told the interview was positive, but never heard back- yay or nay.

Interview Questions

• Several automobile systems, components, and operation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Huntsville, TX).

Interview

Met with another General Manager and the District Manager, we sat down and discussed Auto Parts, previous experience along with community involvement. It was a fairly informal interview. Generating more business and repeat business was the most important factor to the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to generate more business   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gresham, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Gresham, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with the district manager in person, and a highier up boss on conference call.

A lot of behavioral questions.
    When have you shown good customer service in past jobs.

Also a roll play was in the interview.

*A customer comes in buys products but the counter sales help is too busy talking about social life to help the customer or answer questions. The customers father calls you and explains the situation what do you do in this situation.

Interview Questions

• How have you delt with a difficult customer.
      Have you had a co work issue how did you resolve the issue. A lot of behavioral questions that you have to be politically correct about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Minneola, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Three part process, Interview with District Manager, Panel Interview with 2 -3 District Managers, Interview with Regional Vice President. Overall the process was a little slow, but worth it in the end. They asked a lot of questions about my experience in Management and dealing with hiring and coaching. Panel interview was a little nerve racking as it's an interview with more then one person so you have more influence from others on your decision to hire.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to coach an employee, What happened and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in McComb, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (McComb, MS) in August 2015.

Interview

Two over the phones with store manager on parts knowledge, and management experience, also customer service relations. I saw the position was open, had family here, and decided to check into it. After the offer for the GM position I decided to move here, but I asked her to not just put me in as the GM. let me learn the area, system, and employees first, which she felt was a great idea. UNTIL SHE SAW MY FACE!!!

Interview Questions

• if you sold a wrong part. They went home which was 20 minutes away. After taking car apart, and putting part on. its the wrong part. the come back to store yelling that you sold them the wrong part. How would you handle it.   1 Answer

Store General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Defiance, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Defiance, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

filed application and test online for a position that was being trained for - was a dog and pony show for corp. Dm already picked a person from another district - The whole process was nothing but a waste of my time and the company money to rent the hotel conf. space - 2 Dms interviewed but was told a complete line of B.S. from both about this interview and the future at the store.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a customer satisfaction issue with a product or service the company offered   1 Answer