Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (San Antonio, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

They do a panel interview, they have three DM's and a couple of SM's doing role play with you with specific scenarios. They interview you like if you are gonna join the US Government. They ask you question after question and you have to answer with the situation, and the action you took, if not you will fail the interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you improve a process and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example when you had an irate customer and how did you difuse the situation?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in June 2011.

Interview

Today's current interview process of give me an example of when this situation occurred and how you handled it, three person interview panel including Regional VP, District Manager and Finance Director. Some questions on MS Excel and Oracle knowledge, Needed basic mail merge and Word knowledge. The questions were asked in a 'round robin' style. The panel seemed to be pleased with their style of questioning and seemed wrote a lot while questioning.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I could work for an overly demanding manager and any specific experience I had in doing so.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiating for a higher salary was not difficult. Because this specific RVP was very bellicose, the pool of prospects was very low. I worked here for 20 months before resigning. While working my notice, I was treated rudely, screamed at and at times ignored. After Ieft, it was announced that I had been 'termed'.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Miami, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

PHONE INTERVIEW then 3 hour interview with dm's then role play about how to coach associates ans customer issues written test about gross profit and some math

Interview Questions

• written test about gross profit and some math   1 Answer

not enough pay

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Vergne, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (La Vergne, TN).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter with follow ups with HR and GM. Recruiter and HR were easy to talk to. GM came off as pompous and seemed to be looking for specific answers to behavioral questions.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Applied on line and had to take an assessment test and get an passable score in order to move forward. The first step was a phone interview with the area DM for the store in which you applied, then a one on one interview with the DM, panel interview with other store managers and DM, and a phone call with the RVP.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions alone with some role plays   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Topeka, KS).

Interview

Same as GM process, more financial questions. Simple things really. Just answer honestly because they already know the answers to most of the questions they ask you. Keep it simple and straightforward and you'll be okay. Odds are if they're talking to you for the job it's because they want you.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Miami, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

1st. online application plus test, 2nd. phone interview, 3rd. online test sent by e-mail (different than the one after application) 4th. Face to Face interview, 5th. If eligible you're hired.

Interview Questions

• The questions are simple, about previous experiences you've had in the past.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had an uncomfortable situation with a customer, what was the situation, what did you do to resolve it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pleasant!!, Once you know you're hired, Getting an offer is a great feeling.

Commercial Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Portland, OR) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied on line. District Manger called and we did a phone interview. Took assesment test online. Did a panel interview. The panel interview was 2 local DM and 1 Regional Commercial Manager. Took about an hour. They introduced themselves one by one an told me how long they were with the company. Then asked me to tell them about me and my job history. Not sure what they were lookng for. I think I should have bragged more about my sucesss with each company. Will find out on Tuesday if i get the job

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you visted one of our stores? What is the prmary and secondary role in sales? Tell me about the time you had a goal and there was an obstacle in the way. What was the obastacle and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Youngstown, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

It was a 3 interview process. The first interview was one on one with tenured General manager, the second was a panel interview with three District Managers and the last interview was with the hiring District Manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to lead a team to complete a large project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albany, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Albany, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

It took around 2 months after I applied to my start date. I was contacted by a corporate recruiting manager and performed a phone interview, was recommended to the district manager for another phone interview, then 2 weeks later the district manager contacted me for a phone interview - finished that and was invited to an in-person interview 2 weeks later- completed that and was called back for a second more in-depth interview 4 days later. Completed that, then was asked if I could come on as Assistant Manager due to my lack of store management experience but extensive automotive background.

Interview Questions

• I was given a page paper of an hypothetical situation/transaction at a store and had to perform a demonstration of how I would handle the customer/situation.   Answer Question