Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Greenville, MS) in January 2013.

Interview

The process was easy enough and interview was a simple conversation. It was a sit down interview with the store manager who basically asked run of the mill questions that had nothing to do with automotive knowledge.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

quick and easy. asked knowledge about car parts and availability. also asked if i can drive and how my license situation was. asked about mechanical and visual parts in a car and about products they sell/

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with the DM. I had previous experience so he didn't ask me any automotive questions. His main concern was whether or not I was ASE test ready, which I was.

Interview Questions

• Can you recall a time when you had to tell a customer "no?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Sioux Falls, SD) in February 2015.

Interview

They interview process was quick. If you are qualified and call the GM a day or two after you do the online app that will help a lot. If you are qualified they'll take you in quick.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging previous experience you had with a customer when dealing with car or car parts and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Two steps to the interview. One was to meet with the GM of the store and discuss expectations and so forth and the other part was to meet with ANOTHER GM of a different store for him to assess you. A bit tedious if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• If I was having an issue with my car how would you help me diagnose it   2 Answers

RPP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Short and to the point. I was reffered by a freind that already worked for the company. I met with the GM and I was hired within days of applying. It's not impossible to get in if you don't know someone but it's a lot more likely that you will get in if you do.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about cars?   1 Answer

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Interview

Panel interview with team leaders of the department in a conference room. Each team leader asked a series of questions. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewers are very serious during the process.

Interview Questions

• Name a negative experience in your life and how it affected you   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boynton Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Boynton Beach, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

very simple and quick, down to the basics didnt ask much very nice easy and comfortable, very simple and quick, down to the basics didnt ask much very nice easy and comfortable, very simple and quick, down to the basics didnt ask much very nice easy and comfortable, very simple and quick, down to the basics didnt ask much very nice easy and comfortable,

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Asheville, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Two interviews with district manager lasted about one hour with many interruptions while the interview took place in a store location by many employees and while they looked on and heard the questions and answers no privacy what so ever very unprofessional

Interview Questions

• What do you know about cars?   1 Answer
    • Do you know any one at advance auto?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in May 2015.

Interview

This was a promotional interview as I was already employed by Advance. I met with the district leader and a store manager (who differed from my own). They presented questions to assess my abilities. Then they allowed me to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you observed and deescalated a conflict. What could you have done differently in retrospect. What lessons did you learn?   Answer Question