Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 4, 2017

2.3

Retail Parts Pro Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Miami, FL).

Interview

Very simple and easy. The questions where straight foward. They understand it was just a job and nothing more. I was a college student just trying to find a part time job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of this world. Why you want to work for company, and when can you start.   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Lake Charles, LA) in October 2016.

Interview

Went to talk to a manger at a different store. She asked me questions and how I would like to work for the company. She was very nice and welcome it went well

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the passed for work   1 Answer

COUNTER SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Interview was at the DC with mostly higher management, as a group interview. Most people get interviewed straight with the manager of the store they applied to. Simple interview questions directly relate to automotive knowledge, and customer service.

Supply Inventory Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Raleigh, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process lasted approximately 1.5 hours. I had two interviewers, they interviewed me separately. They did not ask the typical "weakness/strength" or "why AAP" questions. They were more interested in gauging personality, potential, and decision making. It became more of a back-and-forth dialogue at the end. They maintained a friendly demeanor and was happy to answer all manner of questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain the importance of the store's layout (planogram).   Answer Question
    • Give examples of a time when overstocking will happen either negligently/accidentally/purposefully.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Easy. Can't complain. Very straightforward process. It was also a really quick interview. I don't have much to say about the processes because I got the job after about a ten minute interview

Commercial Parts Pro Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Poughkeepsie, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Was promoted within the store without an official interview. I expressed interest in the position to my manager and he promoted me on the spot. However i was required to take a parts and system knowledge test before i was officially given the position.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Applied on line and had to take an assessment test and get an passable score in order to move forward. The first step was a phone interview with the area DM for the store in which you applied, then a one on one interview with the DM, panel interview with other store managers and DM, and a phone call with the RVP.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions alone with some role plays   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Interviews went well but they are misleading when they hire. They feed you this line you can make a great of $$$ but fail to tell you there are no increases at all unless you make all the requirements.

Interview Questions

• What did I know about certain parts of a car?   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Topeka, KS).

Interview

Same as GM process, more financial questions. Simple things really. Just answer honestly because they already know the answers to most of the questions they ask you. Keep it simple and straightforward and you'll be okay. Odds are if they're talking to you for the job it's because they want you.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Commercial Parts Pro Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Typical Retail Job Interview, applied online and started with a phone interview then moved on to an in person interview, followed by training.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about cars?   1 Answer