Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.3

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

There was a couple phone interviews, then an interview in a store with two District managers, the process took about two months wich was the first red flag, i interviewed well, but the hiring District manager decided to go on vacation in the middle of my hiring process , then i recieved an offer letter in the mail with a congratulations, a packet about bonuses and benefits wich all weren't very good, and a follow up phone call,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate,

Retail Parts Pro Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Knoxville, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

Had to first meet with the General Manager of the store I was interested in being promoted to, then a second interview with that store's District Manager. The procedure for hiring a Team Member, to a higher position within the Company, is the same as if I had been a "new hire" to the Company.

Interview Questions

• What did I think was my strong point, when it came to training and managing other Team Members.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boynton Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Boynton Beach, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

very simple and quick, down to the basics didnt ask much very nice easy and comfortable, very simple and quick, down to the basics didnt ask much very nice easy and comfortable, very simple and quick, down to the basics didnt ask much very nice easy and comfortable, very simple and quick, down to the basics didnt ask much very nice easy and comfortable,

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Phone interview followed by one pretty brief in person interview. Everyone was nice and very accomodating. Both interviews were pretty standard, and were mostly just to feel out my personality and not so much the hard skills. Had the phone interview on a Wednesday and had a job offer by the next Wednesday. It was a pretty quick process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a tough customer.   Answer Question

General Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remington, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Remington, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

First there is a phone screening then they set up a date and time to come in and do a sit down interview with up to four managers and then if you are approved you move on to the orientation process and training.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Oxford, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview the first business day after applying online. I was asked what my automotive experience was. I was asked if I had a clean driving record. They made a copy of my driver's license and asked me when I could start. The interview was less than 10 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• Do you have automotive experience?   1 Answer
    • Do you have certain days that you're not available to work?   1 Answer
    • When can you start?   1 Answer

Parts Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Providence, RI).

Interview

went to the office talked about the job and how i would fit in at a place like advance and talked about my strong points and weak points. we talked and cleared everything up about the job pay and all things necessary when looking for a job showed mea brief example of how the computer is used and then offered me a job. felt it was a good place too be and accepted the job

Interview Questions

• how much knowledge and experience with cars do you have   1 Answer

Retail Parts Pro Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Miami, FL).

Interview

Very simple and easy. The questions where straight foward. They understand it was just a job and nothing more. I was a college student just trying to find a part time job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of this world. Why you want to work for company, and when can you start.   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Lake Charles, LA) in October 2016.

Interview

Went to talk to a manger at a different store. She asked me questions and how I would like to work for the company. She was very nice and welcome it went well

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the passed for work   1 Answer

COUNTER SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Interview was at the DC with mostly higher management, as a group interview. Most people get interviewed straight with the manager of the store they applied to. Simple interview questions directly relate to automotive knowledge, and customer service.