Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.3

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Houston, TX).

Interview

the interview was pretty easy. They asked me basic questions. And i answered common sense answers. I don't know what else to say. Please i just want to get this over with. Thank you.

Interview Questions

Interview

Questions about customer service, they mostly want you to have a good attitude and no how to keep their customers happy. You are the only face to face contact that most of their customers see. They are looking for very cheerful, upbeat employees. I just tried to make sure every answer was geared toward the happiness of the customer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a nasty upset customer?   1 Answer

Parts Sells & Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I received a call and was asked to come in for a interview. I went into the store and was asked several question about my knowledge with automotive industry. The questions were basic knowledge. I answered all with confidence. There is no wrong answers, so be honest. They'll train you with the rest if needed.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have?   1 Answer
    • Do you know what a starter, alternator and battery is?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever replaced a battery or windshield wipers before?   1 Answer
    • How comfortable are you with talking to others?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, then panel interview with district manager and commercial sales manager, then phone call with regional Vice President. After that you get an offer, contingent upon mvr record. Interview questions are in STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used your competitive advantage to sell a product.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you solved a problem and went above and beyond.   Answer Question
    • What is your primary and secondary role in sales?   Answer Question
    • What are the most important traits a salesperson can have?   Answer Question
    • What would your manager say about you (good and bad)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary. Was offered the max. Salary is low with huge potential for bonuses.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Denver, CO).

Interview

Mainly unstructured for the entry level positions. Some key points brought up but nothing unusual. The requirements for the position is minimal and management is more focused on the personality aspect rather than the automotive experience. Although this can be trained, the training is informal and minimal at best. In supervisory and management interviews there is a long, on line personality test.

Interview Questions

• What skills or attributes that you feel you will bring with you for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Miami, FL).

Interview

Initially, a phone call, then a personal meeting, both with standard questions (profiling) Then a team of 2 interviewers (district managers) will follow a company provided profiler script to conduct the formal interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were presented in a casual way, but following a script.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

They briefly ask about your background. Then they proceed to ask you about running a business and ask you to answer questions based on previous experiences. Then they will ask you questions pertaining to automotive knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenoir, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Lenoir, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a store manager to come in for an interview. The interview took approximately an hour and a half and was very thorough.
    The questions asked were form questions for consistency and conversation was easy.
    I was told the interview was positive, but never heard back- yay or nay.

Interview Questions

• Several automobile systems, components, and operation.   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Richmond, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

When the pay is inadequate and management takes a myopic view in which employees are considered ineffectual and dispensable you simply need to just fill out the application and show up for the interview. They are always hiring because it is an unfortunate place to work,

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Huntsville, TX).

Interview

Met with another General Manager and the District Manager, we sat down and discussed Auto Parts, previous experience along with community involvement. It was a fairly informal interview. Generating more business and repeat business was the most important factor to the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to generate more business   1 Answer