Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advance Auto Parts Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.3

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

It was a panel interview with regional VP and 4 others (district and regional staff). They introduced themselves and asked me to do the same. Each took a turn asking questions. The questions were behavioral, based on my past experiences. At the conclusion of the interview I had an opportunity to ask questions of my own. There were additional assessments that I took before the sit down interview. The entire process, including communication before and after, was very positive and professional.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were particularly successful in building a customer or vendor relationship. What obstacles did you face?   Answer Question

Parts Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

The manager was busy with customers, so I sat in the office area for about 20 minutes. The manager asked me about my experience, asked me a few sample questions, asked me about items on my resume. I was also asked a few scenario type questions that I could be faced with. I never felt nervous as I was quickly put at ease with a joke. The entire process seemed to be over in just a few minutes, but actually took over 30 minutes! We were interrupted one during the interview when an employee needed help, but other than that everything went great. I felt at ease, and abeyant enjoyed the interview. That's a first!

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply for the company.   1 Answer
    • What should you do if you have a line of customers, a paid customer waiting for a battery install, and a ringing phone with your coworkers equally as busy.   1 Answer

Complex Parts Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Roanoke, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

phone contact, then one on one, then testing and then panel interview, this led up to a final one on one that ended telling me they were not going to fill the position since they are downsizing.

Interview Questions

• how do you interact with other people   1 Answer

Commercial Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Gainesville, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Application begins on-line at Advance's web page, under the careers link. After finding the position(s) of interest and filling out the usual personal information there are a couple of tests for personality and {I presume} honesty & character. There is also a knowledge test to determine vehicle systems and parts identification.
    The in-person interview is basically a confirmation of the results from the on-line testing. Also, information about the company along with a computer presentation for mew employees. I was also introduced to the on-line teaching/learning center and informed that the learning is an ongoing process.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the components of a car cooling system?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation except possibly regarding hours/days of availability

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McComb, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (McComb, MS) in August 2015.

Interview

Two over the phones with store manager on parts knowledge, and management experience, also customer service relations. I saw the position was open, had family here, and decided to check into it. After the offer for the GM position I decided to move here, but I asked her to not just put me in as the GM. let me learn the area, system, and employees first, which she felt was a great idea. UNTIL SHE SAW MY FACE!!!

Interview Questions

• if you sold a wrong part. They went home which was 20 minutes away. After taking car apart, and putting part on. its the wrong part. the come back to store yelling that you sold them the wrong part. How would you handle it.   1 Answer

Store General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Defiance, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Defiance, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

filed application and test online for a position that was being trained for - was a dog and pony show for corp. Dm already picked a person from another district - The whole process was nothing but a waste of my time and the company money to rent the hotel conf. space - 2 Dms interviewed but was told a complete line of B.S. from both about this interview and the future at the store.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a customer satisfaction issue with a product or service the company offered   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gautier, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Gautier, MS) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview at two stores, packet of questions to answer, but not a hard interview. 1 on 1. No need to dress up super fancy. Refresh what you know about basic car parts. They don't expect and experienced mechanic.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Arlington, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Scripted, well organized. Asked a series of questions that were on a scripted format. Interviewers alternated asking questions, then jotted down notes. Was about an hour long including the role playing. Followed up with a phone interview with regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Role play several common occurrences. One a employee not performing up to standard, and customer who has received the wrong part.   Answer Question

Retail Parts Pro Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Spartanburg, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Come in, sit and talk with management, talk about yourself and then they will tell you about the job description. once they hear what you have to say, they will have you do a drug test. If you pass you usually have the job unless your back ground check doesn't go through

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Warwick, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (West Warwick, RI).

Interview

was very brief and very easy. asked what i knew about auto parts and if i had any retail experience. had to take a drug test and pass a background check.

Interview Questions

• how much do you know about auto parts   1 Answer