Advance Auto Parts Mobile Parts Pro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advance Auto Parts Mobile Parts Pro Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Sevierville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Sevierville, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

They called me for an initial phone interview. then they called back for a first in person interview. they asked some basic questions in this interview. after a day or so they called back for a second interview. in the second interview they asked more in depth questions. the first interview took about fifteen minutes. the second interview took over two hours. it was a very long process. some of the questions they asked seemed kind of irrelevant to the job to which i was applying.

Interview Questions

• describe a time in which i was presented a challenge at one of my former jobs where i had a an angry customer and how did i handle it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Mobile Parts Pro Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted application with resume via internet black hole portal, nothing heard. Resubmitted my application without resume and only listed my last job for experience. Made the application look like I was just out of high school seeking an entry level job. Received a call the same day offering me an interview ... Learn to play the system! They don't want people who know anything they just want warm bodies who will work no more than 35 hours per week with no benefits or breaks and not complain. Interview was very superficial however the interviewers had to complete all of the corporate paperwork which did include the standard "script" interview questions.

Interview Questions

• List for me as many components to an engine as you can.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Poquoson, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Poquoson, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

I basically just got asked a bunch of questions on what I knew about Automobiles then they asked if i was willing to learn. The manager hired me right after the first interview, but usually they have a second interview with the branch manager.

Interview Questions

• How many years of parts retail have i done?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Standard interview process just be your better self. You will have to take a test about cars once you get the job but try your best and you should be ok.

Mobile Parts Pro Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in October 2014.

Interview

online application, call from store manager, one on one interview with store manager, provide store manager with info that I already supplied in my online application; get drug test form from store manager. pass drug test, hired

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Raleigh, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

Covered previous positions/responsibilities, driving record, and automotive troubleshooting/systems knowledge. Informed of store's needs, pay, benefits, etc. Was notified that because of previous knowledge and skills I would probably be counted on to fill gaps in other positions besides driving, as needed and as my schedule allowed. Offered position at end of interview. Entire process took roughly 1 hour.

Mobile Parts Pro Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Was brought in, peed in a cup and the job was mine. they aren't picky

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Lawrenceville, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Brief interview to learn about the position and the employee

Interview Questions

• Reason for wanting to work at advance, even know I had a significant technical background in IT work   Answer Question

Negotiation

Demand more than 8.00. Unless you are single and in school and absolutely have no options.

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Franklin, TN) in March 2013.

Interview

-The application is a pain, it has one of those personality test things. I just BS'd it and put all the obviously "right" answers", either "strongly agree" or "strongly disagree".
    -I was interviewing for a position at a store that wasn't open yet, so I went into another location where the future-manager of the new store was currently working. Met the manager and the assistant manager, soon to be GM of the store we were in, and we sat down for the interview, my soon-to-be GM asked most of the questions with the other guy interjecting here and there. Also met the Commercial Parts Pro and a few of my co-workers. He apparently got a kick out of the fact I worked in a sandwich shop because he kept joking and laughing about it.

Interview Questions

• We sat down and they asked most of the typical interview questions, "Tell me a little about yourself." "Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer", "where do you see yourself in five years?". Pretty standard stuff for retail. I would appreciate it if these guys would go off-script now and then. We discussed my present employment situation a bit. Of course he closed with the classic "Do you have any questions for me?". I asked him two pretty basic questions... "When could I expect to start?" and the slightly risky "What will I get paid?" I now know this would be considered poor etiquette but it didn't seem to phase him.   Answer Question

Mobile Parts Pro Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Hiring and Interview process was quick and efficient. Deal was made between I and SM when rehired but that agreement was broken so then trust went down the drain, then my leaving the company for good.