Advance Auto Parts Retail Parts Pro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

1.9

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Denver, CO).

Interview

Very cut and dry, interview with the GM of the store and more often then not if you get an interview than you'll get the job. Very easy job to get

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with the DM. I had previous experience so he didn't ask me any automotive questions. His main concern was whether or not I was ASE test ready, which I was.

Interview Questions

• Can you recall a time when you had to tell a customer "no?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Knoxville, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

Had to first meet with the General Manager of the store I was interested in being promoted to, then a second interview with that store's District Manager. The procedure for hiring a Team Member, to a higher position within the Company, is the same as if I had been a "new hire" to the Company.

Interview Questions

• What did I think was my strong point, when it came to training and managing other Team Members.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Miami, FL).

Interview

Very simple and easy. The questions where straight foward. They understand it was just a job and nothing more. I was a college student just trying to find a part time job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of this world. Why you want to work for company, and when can you start.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Spartanburg, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Come in, sit and talk with management, talk about yourself and then they will tell you about the job description. once they hear what you have to say, they will have you do a drug test. If you pass you usually have the job unless your back ground check doesn't go through

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belleview, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Belleview, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted near the restroom of the store, it was next to the office and we sat in 2 folding chairs. The interview was long and I do not believe that the interviewer had ever hired anyone before.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about the operation of the automotive air conditioning system.   1 Answer

Retail Parts Pro Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

This was well organized, and professional. The manager had a good knowledge of his store and the practices. He asked questions pertinent to the job and the expectations of me for the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about automotive knowledge.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Sioux Falls, SD) in February 2015.

Interview

They interview process was quick. If you are qualified and call the GM a day or two after you do the online app that will help a lot. If you are qualified they'll take you in quick.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging previous experience you had with a customer when dealing with car or car parts and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Toledo, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

I was called in for an interview. I met with the store manager, I was asked all of the basic interview questions. I was also asked about my experience with auto parts and was quizzed on different parts of a car. The entire process was very easy. After the interview i was sent to a clinic to be drug tested. The results came back after about a week and i was called back with a start date.

Anonymous Employee in Lindenhurst, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Lindenhurst, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

It did not feel like an interview. Walked in, asked for GM or hiring manager. The staff there was very nice, they told me to wait because the GM will be back in a short time. I spoke to the GM, the district manager walks in shortly. I answered a few common questions. The next thing I know, I'm taking the test for the position.

Negotiation

I told them that I did my research about the wage for my position. But because I have a background in automotive and business management I asked for a higher wage. I also mentioned that I am willing to work my way up the scale.