Advance Auto Parts Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advance Auto Parts Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions

1.8

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (McLean, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

I walked into the store and talked to the manager. She gave me her card and told me to give her a call at another time. When i called her we chatted for a couple min then we figured out a time for an inperson interview. At the in person we just filled out paperwork more than anything elxe

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

After Application received phone call to schedule a date of interview. Interview was re-scheduled 2 times. After interview drug test that was followed by a work week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Raleigh, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

Mine was pretty simple, I knew cars and bugged the hell out of my GM to give me a job, was too young at first, worked at Harris Teeter for a few months (Another GOD AWFUL company to work for) and when I was finally old enough, got the job ad Advance.

Anonymous Employee in Stoughton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Stoughton, WI) in June 2012.

Interview

Online test of skills, 1:1 interview, 2nd interview, background check & drug test.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about auto parts?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I felt they offered me a very competitive wage to begin with.

Anonymous Employee in Westfield, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Westfield, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

Informal Interview. Basically asked about previous retail/sales experience and mechanical knowledge

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was offered 8.80/Hr which is what new hires are started at. Accepted. Time and half on sudnays.

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Mobile, AL) in July 2011.

Interview

I applied online (I don't think anyone but a "Mom and Pop" operation takes applications in person anymore). I visited the store at which I wanted to work, and talked with the GM. He asked me to take an aptitude test, which I did, scoring well. The GM, who had recently lost a part-time associate, pulled my application and set up an interview, along with the District Leader. The interview was reasonably thorough, and they were very forthright in answering my questions. I was asked to take a drug screen, and was told that, pending the results of the drug screen and a background check, I had the job. I wanted to work for Advance because I liked the way they treat customers, and the way they offer helpful service, and never "pressure-sell" their customers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated the best beginning pay rate I could...I felt that the GM would have offered more if he could have, but was assured that pay raises would follow accordingly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Atlanta, GA) in February 2011.

Interview

Easy and relaxed no pressure. Was easy to get scheduled and conveniently located to me. Was on schedule and interviewer was pleasant and professional and the questionnaire was simple and relevant to the job I applied for.