Advance Auto Parts Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 16, 2017

1.9

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

quick and easy. asked knowledge about car parts and availability. also asked if i can drive and how my license situation was. asked about mechanical and visual parts in a car and about products they sell/

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Two steps to the interview. One was to meet with the GM of the store and discuss expectations and so forth and the other part was to meet with ANOTHER GM of a different store for him to assess you. A bit tedious if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• If I was having an issue with my car how would you help me diagnose it   2 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

Applications are submitted via the internet. Manager scrolls through very long list and chooses his preferences. Candidates are called in for interview with general manager and district manager. They are asked a series of questions and then onto the next potential hire.

Interview Questions

• The basics: what are you strengths/weakness', customers service questions, auto parts knowledge questions, some ethical questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (New York, NY).

Interview

The store manager asked some basic automotive questions. Ex; how an engine works, describe the brake system. It all went well and i recieved a job offer on the spot. The manager explained the pay and benefits. We negotiated my pay which was slightly higher than other sales associates currently employed.

Anonymous Employee in Burgaw, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Burgaw, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

It was pretty fast. They ask you the same questions you hear at every interview. Then they brought a second person in to ask you some more of the same old questions. Then they send you for your drug test that you have to pay for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Warwick, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (West Warwick, RI).

Interview

was very brief and very easy. asked what i knew about auto parts and if i had any retail experience. had to take a drug test and pass a background check.

Interview Questions

• how much do you know about auto parts   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I received a phone call one day later and came in for an interview the day after that. the interview was about a half hour long and laid back. I then had to pass a drug test and backround check. I came in for the scheduled second interview and then I got the job offer. I've been working there for about a week, absolutely love it and the people I work with. I also have no idea what i'm doing with cars or parts, but dont worry, they train you! but retail and customer service experience helps ALOT. i've had experience for 6 plus years.

Interview Questions

• What don't you like about retail?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there wasn't one

Anonymous Employee in Mebane, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Mebane, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Was called to set up a time and date for face to face interview. The General Manager decided that I would be a asset to the team. I was then hired.

Interview Questions

• How am I with customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Baytown, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online and I passed the assessment. A week or so later got called for a face to face interview and just got asked if I knew about parts, the hours i could work and a few more assessment like questions.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I had a project that was due by the end of my shift and knew i wasn't going to finish.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. I was greeted by the store manager and led to the back office for my interview. Overall it was a very laid back environment and not too stressful. I was asked a few questions about my general work experience and if I had any knowledge working working with cars.