Advance Auto Parts Sales Person Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Advance Auto Parts Sales Person Interview Questions

1.0

Anonymous Employee in Parkersburg, WV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Parkersburg, WV) in March 2015.

Interview

You will have 2 General Managers sit you down and ensure the job description, hours, your job title and pay per hour. Then the two Managers will have a multiple choice of questions for each section to get to know you and your qualities.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions of describe a situation you were involved in, what you did to handle the situation(s) and then the ending results of the situations.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Sales Person Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts.

Interview

I was hired only because my ability to speak Spanish fluently. I think that my experience and education were not taken into account. Everything is managed in a rush. There is no time to ask how much are you going to receive hourly or monthly, Not even what are going to be your schedule.

Interview Questions

• They need me because they did not have enough people to fill the vacancies or maybe because people do no last longer there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Kansas City, MO) in March 2013.

Interview

Store manager invited me for an interview, I came in, we sat down and she asked me the generic questions like why did I want to work there, asked several questions about integrity and what if situations. Afterwards, we sat and talked about each other and got to know one another really well. It turned out the manager was someone who lived down the street from me when I was growing up. So the interview process went really well.

Interview Questions

• If you caught an employee stealing, would you tell management, or ask them to grab something for you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts (Charlotte, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

I received a call at about 1:30pm and was asked to come in for an interview (today or never). I arrived at the interview five minutes early and ended up waiting twenty minutes until I was brought to a table in the back of the store. It was an "easy interview" as he seemed impressed by everything I said, though I wouldn't consider myself THAT impressive. He told me people always move up in the company and he could tell I was "management material". I was offered a job pending the results of my drug test that I had to take the next day.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you could be happy with a part-time position even though you are obviously management material?   1 Answer

Sales Person Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advance Auto Parts in May 2009.

Interview

It didn't take long...I applied, interviewed, and after taking a short skills exam to prove I had some knowledge about auto mechanics I was hired later that week. The overall interview was fairly easy however pay isn't too exciting but I needed a job. It turne out to be quite rewarding because I know more about cars and parts than some men do!! Kudos to Advance Auto!!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really wasn't one because this was my first job in this industry and they have a set minimum for what the "average" newbie to auto mechanics starts out with.